• Chapel Hil in a blowout
    • CHapel Hill in a close game
    • Athens in a blowout
    • Athens in a close game

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but there are multiple kids that were all splitting time at RB, plus Black runs the ball a lot as well. Losing the best player on the team does hurt, but not as much as it would at some schools. Aside from Clark there are several other players out with injury.

#8 Mumphrey - Starting Safety

#29 Guzman - Starting Receiver

#29 Booth - Starting Defensive End

#12 King - Starting Fullback

#24 Clark - Starting Running Back & Linebacker

King should be back for Athens. What about any of the other guys?

Yes it sure does!! Athens is playing some good ball this year! I've been pretty quite lately, but still come on and read a lot! Glad to see your team doing good Hornet! I can't wait for the show down!

Yessir they are. Thanks Buzz.

I absolutely think their is no other game in first round that will be action packed & full of surprises.

If Athens doesn't stop themselves with turnovers or penalties they should be able to control the clock, keep the ball away from CH and not fall behind early. IMO, no need for Athens to run their up tempo offense, they need to shorten the game and limit CH's possessions. I really like Athens offensively but they can't have mistakes that put them in a bad down & distance against a team like CH. If they can play a clean game I like Athens to win a close one.

Yeup, I totally agree. These boys will be ready

well I can tell you now , CH has been in some pretty tough games so far, whitehouse ranked #5 in state 4-a, Carthage ranked #1in state 3-a, gilmer ranked #1 in state Kilgore ranked #3 in state. I can guarantee you this everyone of these teams will tell you CH gave them all they wanted. That Being said do you honestly believe this matchup will be close? CH scrimmaged Athens early this year and Dominated them, check the Athens newspaper, that's how they headed the news line. I'm sure Athens have improved between then and now but what do you think the Dog Pack's been doing ( improving ) . Good job in 15 3a but y'all are about to find out what 16 3a is all about.

We'll find out on Nov 15

Is this game for sure on Friday? Which team will be home? I have heard rose stadium from countless sources.

Not a sure thing it will be on Nov 15. Apparently Hornets will have a bye week, after BB.

I think Athens will be home due to the fact of going in as 1st from 15-3A. Or do they flip for that?

I have spoke with very good sources and game is all but set in stone. Athens has already clinched atleast a share of the district title and chapel hill is guaranteed third. Athens and chill both go d1 and meet in first round. No bye in first round for anyone

I have spoke with very good sources and game is all but set in stone. Athens has already clinched atleast a share of the district title and chapel hill is guaranteed third. Athens and chill both go d1 and meet in first round. No bye in first round for anyone

Good. I didn't want to wait a whole week.

well I can tell you now , CH has been in some pretty tough games so far, whitehouse ranked #5 in state 4-a, Carthage ranked #1in state 3-a, gilmer ranked #1 in state Kilgore ranked #3 in state. I can guarantee you this everyone of these teams will tell you CH gave them all they wanted. That Being said do you honestly believe this matchup will be close? CH scrimmaged Athens early this year and Dominated them, check the Athens newspaper, that's how they headed the news line. I'm sure Athens have improved between then and now but what do you think the Dog Pack's been doing ( improving ) . Good job in 15 3a but y'all are about to find out what 16 3a is all about.

Everyone must have showed up after the scrimmage portion of the night. Athens marched up and down the field while CH turned the ball over 3 times. Keep your eyes on this one.