• Athens in a blowout
    • Athens in a close game

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. Nazi regime.

I believe it will happen!!

If my Athens Hornets come out victorious, no matter what the score is. It will give them big confidence to beat whomever.

Now, giving that we face Kilgore in 4th round. That one will be a whole different story!! Lol

Kilgore is a tall order for both CH and Athens. I do believe that the winner of this game will see Kilgore. I want to see a CH vs Kilgore rematch.

What does everyone think about the two games between 15&16? Does Gladewater's dominating performance sway anybody's opinions of the district/teams still to play?

Gladewater might make it to round 3. Since Texas HS Football had Canton going 3. Now that G water destroyed Canton. They for sure will make it atleast 3

Seeing as to what gladewater did tonight....chapel hill got dis

How can you predict that. Apparently, you forgot Athens dominated G water and beat Canton. Canton gave Athens a better game. So, I predicted Canton (maybe) winning also dominating (maybe). But look at the turn around G water did.

Sorry Athens your 10-0 record is fixing to fall to 10-1 I'm sure you hornet's fan thought your undefeated team was going to go far but sorry you guys fall again in the 1st. round to much better football teams. Congrats on the good season Athens.

Athens 28

CH 48

+1! game day ladies and gentlemen! I'm not really surprised by the canton gladewater score. Canton had no business being in the playoffs. Good luck to my dawgs tonight, EAT GREEDY and shut down Athens RB Fuller and were easily in round 2 against a 3-7 crandell team who I think pulled the big upset last night.

How can you predict that. Apparently, you forgot Athens dominated G water and beat Canton. Canton gave Athens a better game. So, I predicted Canton (maybe) winning also dominating (maybe). But look at the turn around G water did.

I see where you are coming from. It's hard to predict a game based on like opponents. Look and CH vs Henderson in 2010. Based on like opponents CH should have dominated.

+1! game day ladies and gentlemen! I'm not really surprised by the canton gladewater score. Canton had no business being in the playoffs. Good luck to my dawgs tonight, EAT GREEDY and shut down Athens RB Fuller and were easily in round 2 against a 3-7 crandell team who I think pulled the big upset last night.

Nice use of the Greedy eating phrase.

Let me clarify something. I and several other CH fans have made comments that would lead others to believe CH has looked past A-town. Maybe some fans have, but I can assure you that the players and coaches have not thought about any other team besides the Athens hornets. I gig you athens folks on here, but even I know that if the dogs don't prep and play to their potential the hornets will be victorious.

What does everyone think about the two games between 15&16? Does Gladewater's dominating performance sway anybody's opinions of the district/teams still to play?

Gilmer v Mineola went about like I expected. I thought G'water would win a fairly competitive game. I guess 16 did not get that DoD nickname by accident.

Hate this match up in the first round for Athens! After a great great year they have to deal with CH first round. If they can control the clock and not let CH have more than 4 possessions in the whole game then this will be a close win for the hornets but if CH can come up with a couple quick 3 and outs it will get ugly!

I'm going with Athens to control clock and win but wouldn't surprise me one bit CH win by 21 plus. Hard to predict A game with a wing T team in it bc sometimes the most talented teams don't beat wing T teams an then sometimes it gets ugly so this is a coin flip for sure!

Agree with every word.

Nope, Mineola & Canton are both below average 3A teams. There is a gap between the top 2 teams in D15 and Mineola/Canton. I thought Canton would score some points but I knew GW was very likely to win that game. Canton has no D. Hats off to GW for containing the Canton QB.

I think both Athens and Van will play better than expected by you D16 folks. Will it be enough to win, maybe not but I don't see a 100-0 happening today.

Nope, Mineola & Canton are both below average 3A teams. There is a gap between the top 2 teams in D15 and Mineola/Canton. I thought Canton would score some points but I knew GW was very likely to win that game. Canton has no D. Hats off to GW for containing the Canton QB.

I think both Athens and Van will play better than expected by you D16 folks. Will it be enough to win, maybe not but I don't see a 100-0 happening today.

I thought canton was the DII winner from 15, and van was the DII reserve team. That would mean that technically Athens and Canton were the top two teams.