Arp vs Pewitt the Sequel

GoBigBlue

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it?

• Pewitt
    • Arp

I've seen both play this year granted I didn't see them play each other though, I believe Arp has more speed and better backs and has a better passing game, PP on the other hand IMO is bigger/stronger up front and defends the pass better.... This game was close Part 1 and I see the sequel being within 7 this go round ... I'm not gonna pick a winner but saying 35-28 either way .... Sure hope to make this game... If someone 'made' me pick I'd go with PP just because they are D9

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen both play this year granted I didn't see them play each other though, I believe Arp has more speed and better backs and has a better passing game, PP on the other hand IMO is bigger/stronger up front and defense the pass better.... This game was close Part 1 and I see the sequel being within 7 this go round ... I'm not gonna pick a winner but saying 35-28 either way .... Sure hope to make this game... If someone 'made' me pick I'd go with PP just because they are D9

JJ, how did you get Horn,s log in info? ;)

Where's the love at Horns? JJ made you a believer? You drinking his koolaid? JJ you come to us with the fear of speed? You must have us mistaken with someone else. Now Johnson does have some skills I won't doubt that. Would love to have him on any team but he will not be the reason Arp loses. Someone else is going to have to stand up and that is where I just don't see it happening.

Now school me on where everyone finds this Strength of Schedule stat at? Because I know Pewitt played and scrimmaged more playoff teams than anyone in the state. Even Queen City made the playoffs this year. So let's run down both team's schedules.

Arp played....

Tatum lost 21-6 good team no problem with the loss

Pewitt lost 28-27 Great game could have gone either way

E/F won 47-27 Should have been a good game but E/F couldn't find itself this year. Arp methodically scored throughout the game.

Troup loss 28-14 This one makes me scratch my head. Troup's QB must been a bad hombre.

Garrison loss 42-13 Garrison seems to be the real deal. Hope to find out soon.

Rest of the district wins 223-64 Rest of district not much of a challenge.

Overall a tough schedule starting out. Looking back Arp should have been .500 in preseason and same in district.

Pewitt played...

L/E lost 49-20 L/E is runner up in their district and should have beaten Pewitt since the are a large 3A school. Still was a good game.

Arp won 25-24 First game that I can remember that Pewitt came from behind and beat a quality opponent. Been on an upward roll since.

Jefferson won 21-20 Quite honestly Pewitt should have beaten them worse but didn't. Jefferson squandered this one away in my opinion.

DeKalb won 53-6 Just a tune up Pewitt needed before the next three games.

Waskom lost 40-34 Waskom is legit this year. Another 5 minutes and Pewitt would have won.

Hughes Springs lost 14-13 Not much to say about this one but that it will always be a slobberknocker.

Diana won 56-25 Cream got separated that night from the rest of the district. Diana is still a good team though.

Rest of District win 136-20

Overall a tough season as well. Always think if we end up .500 it's a win win for Pewitt. This year went 2-1.

Both teams played quality opponents. Arp just needed to find itself. Pewitt found itself last year in my opinion during the E/F game.

lol I understand. I doubt there will be to much crow eaten on this game. Both are trying to prove themselves. The Pewitt bandwagon is gaining momentum and JJ is just a little envious.

im actually loving this cause if we win it serves much crow and if we lose.....it's because everyone said we weren't supposed to win. As far as you thinking it's going to take more than Johnson..... Well of corse! You seem to forgot the #14 who torched y'all twice before he made a diving catch landing and dis locating his shoulder forcing him out for the game. #2 y'all never found a true way to contain our wr Thomas Reese who you and I both spoke about his talents. Next arps qb took snaps with a broken throwing hand. It took arp till week 6 to finally get a healthy qb and sinse Bonners return he has lit up. Now with bonner healthy and the threat of Hines baker and mauldin on the field focusing on Johnson is what we hope you will do. It won't last long lol.

has arp just stagnated since they played pp the first time

I hope not for JJs sake.lol I hear tell they switched to the veer and turned it around. Of course since they haven't been challenged since, we will have to see if its the change in the team, or the change in opponents. PP played a tough part of their schedule after the first meeting and got better.