Your thoughts on adding 4th team to playoffs?

Eagleborn

I still like the top two teams.....anything more just doesn't seem right.

We have the chance to be 3rd or 4th,I think after 2nd place it's too much.We are a society of handing out way too many trophies and life is not that way.

I like the state track meet where the best 3rd place gets to go,prolly hard to do that in football

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest troup7on7

You ain't all there are you?

I'm not sure, probably not to your definition of " ALL THERE ". But I'm a pretty nornal God loving man. Well maybe not normal.

The more I think about it the addition of one more playoff team don't amount to much except revenue for the schools and the UIL. The addition of two and three playoff teams had the impact. I like the top 2 personally. Raised with only the dist champ advancing

If the UIL had a magic wane and could make every district an 8 team district, I would like 4 teams making the playoffs. If every district had 7 teams, then uhhhhhh, maybe have 4 playoff teams. But with a lot of 5 team district, and some 4 team districts, then 4 making the playoffs is too many.

4TH TEAM??? Heck, we don't even allow a 3RD TEAM in our playoff brackets! GO SIX-MAN!!!

Yep. It will be rare, but we will eventually see a #4 seed beat a #1 seed.

I predict the first one will come from the District of Doom, possibly this season?

We have the chance to be 3rd or 4th,I think after 2nd place it's too much.We are a society of handing out way too many trophies and life is not that way.

I like the state track meet where the best 3rd place gets to go,prolly hard to do that in football

+1

Yep, it's about not offending anyone, being all inclusive and handing out partipation trophies. A school in a 5 team district can be 1-4 and make the payoffs. WOW! This is ridiculous. How deep will a 1-4 team make it? Probably will get embarrassed the first round.

I disagree. I keep hearing that it puts teams in the dance that don't deserve to be there. While that is true, it just about guarantees that noone that DOES deserve to be there won't get left out. I think the Grove deserves to be there this year, yet if we were only taking three, they'd be airing up the basketballs.

grove has a good a team year. I thought they deserved a chance at a playoff spot.

I don't think there are kids that go 1-4 in district and make the playoffs saying to each other "We are so bad@$$!" Let's be real here. Sure, it lets in teams that really didn't earn much, but it doesn't render the regular season pointless. If you're a 1 you play a low finisher from the other district in the first round. Also, if they really don't deserve to be there, then they will not be there after one game. I think some of us get a little carried away with our railing against the quasi fixation of America. They aren't getting anything, but a chance to play another week. Is that so bad?

Plus, Carthage has a bye week 10, and I would like a warmup game! Lol!

We are a society of handing out way too many trophies and life is not that way.

Enough said. The now definition of success. Epic fail.

I'm counting on a source to track the % of 4th place finishers who win

in round 1.

I think 4 is just fine IF the UIL makes the districts bigger. For the 8 team districts it's pretty fair to take the top 4 cuz you have to go win atleast 4 games to get in.

When you take a step back and look. The UIL takes right around 1/2 of the teams to the playoffs. That's not that bad.

I really think the 4 teams making it to the playoffs will work just fine as log as the UIL does their best to eliminate those 5 and even 6 team districts