L-E @ Paris

theblueguy

13-3A championship game  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Liberty-Eylau at Paris - who wins?

• L-E
    • Paris

I wouldn't say 50% unless he has improved greatly from last year, yes he has size and he's athletic but most of the time last year he was out there But don't get me wrong he has alot of potential tho

Believe it not he only gave up 3 sacks last season on his side.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it not he only gave up 3 sacks last season on his side.

Casteel is an outstanding player, but he probably won't be in playing condition this year. He may play some, but will only be the shell of himself. If L-E is going to make deep run it better beat Paris, which is not a typical Paris team

Casteel is an outstanding player, but he probably won't be in playing condition this year. He may play some, but will only be the shell of himself. If L-E is going to make deep run it better beat Paris, which is not a typical Paris team

You right about beating Paris, that is a must.

By the looks of it Paris hasn't lost a step on Defense just young on offense Paris defense should be the best defense we've played since T-High they swarm I've seen a little film on them and they play everyone In the box almost plus the corners press LE will have to throw some deep balls early and they will be open!

By the looks of it Paris hasn't lost a step on Defense just young on offense Paris defense should be the best defense we've played since T-High they swarm I've seen a little film on them and they play everyone In the box almost plus the corners press LE will have to throw some deep balls early and they will be open!

That is what I think too. Throw early and keep them honest.

That is what I think too. Throw early and keep them honest.

having watch Paris, their secondary will close on the receiver faster than what you may think. They are the best in our district and I don't have a dog in the fight. I will say that our top two teams are a heck of a lot better than most people think. Should be a great game and keep everyone healthy for the playoffs. Could be a very good run for both teams.

having watch Paris, their secondary will close on the receiver faster than what you may think. They are the best in our district and I don't have a dog in the fight. I will say that our top two teams are a heck of a lot better than most people think. Should be a great game and keep everyone healthy for the playoffs. Could be a very good run for both teams.

I agree with you on that. We should see some good football. I think the LE WRs will test that Paris secondary.

Both teams have excellent secondary's but I'd take the one with Hall any day and our #1 corner is out and KD Cannon has said that he is the best corner he's faced all year so that sums up how good he is

Both teams have excellent secondary's but I'd take the one with Hall any day and our #1 corner is out and KD Cannon has said that he is the best corner he's faced all year so that sums up how good he is

He is a shut down corner

This LE class was really deep thier missing two all state caliber players

5a Beaumont Westbrooks Charles Ward remember this kid?

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/23857772/play-of-the-week-week-9

Plus Princetons Rb Trey Jackson was also in LE's Senior class and he has over 1400 yards rushing

Everyone drools about the potential move-in who can make the difference, but the reality in rural Texas is that the opposite holds true and families move to metropolitan areas where job prospects are better. Haven't studied the new attendance numbers in detail, but I would bet that enrollment #s are generally down all across East Texas.

This LE class was really deep thier missing two all state caliber players

5a Beaumont Westbrooks Charles Ward remember this kid?

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/23857772/play-of-the-week-week-9

Plus Princetons Rb Trey Jackson was also in LE's Senior class and he has over 1400 yards rushing

Yes, I remember that kid. They moved his 10th grade year. Now he starting for a 5A school.

Everyone drools about the potential move-in who can make the difference, but the reality in rural Texas is that the opposite holds true and families move to metropolitan areas where job prospects are better. Haven't studied the new attendance numbers in detail, but I would bet that enrollment #s are generally down all across East Texas.

They moved away lol

The only weakness I see Liberty Eylau having, is their special teams unit lacks a real placekicker.

Any big boy can boot the ball on kickoff, but it looks like they have tried a few different plaeyrs for extra point kicks.

When consistency in that aspect is an issue, being able to kick a field goal of any length is out of the question.

This has been a weak spot at LE for some years. The march to state in '06, they had Middlebrooks, who had one of the most powerful kicking legs in HS football I have seen. It may not be a factor in the Paris game, as they have great balance elsewhere, but it is usually an achilles heel in the playoffs.

Defense wins games, Offense sells tickets, but more and more, Special teams are the "X" factor in close matchups.

That said, I still think LE will triumph Friday. I just wanted to point out an elephant in the room.

Move-Ins aren't always the answer. Even when they are contributing members, or starters, does not guarantee a team's success.

The flip side is, a player moving out, (not counting graduating) or an injury sidelines a starter, may not always devestate a team.

Depth seems to provide the answer, and LE seems to have it.

Can't speak to Paris on the issue of depth, no knowledge of their chart.

If it weren't Senior Night for our boys, I'd love to watch this match-up!

The only weakness I see Liberty Eylau having, is their special teams unit lacks a real placekicker.

Any big boy can boot the ball on kickoff, but it looks like they have tried a few different plaeyrs for extra point kicks.

When consistency in that aspect is an issue, being able to kick a field goal of any length is out of the question.

This has been a weak spot at LE for some years. The march to state in '06, they had Middlebrooks, who had one of the most powerful kicking legs in HS football I have seen. It may not be a factor in the Paris game, as they have great balance elsewhere, but it is usually an achilles heel in the playoffs.

Defense wins games, Offense sells tickets, but more and more, Special teams are the "X" factor in close matchups.

That said, I still think LE will triumph Friday. I just wanted to point out an elephant in the room.

Yes I belive this should really be the focus of the offseason fg's and p.a.t.'s

What difference will this game make as to how the two teams they are placed when the playoff brackets come out?

The L-E-Paris winner will get Crandall or Wills Point

The loser gets a very good Kaufman team

The winner wouldn't play Kilgore until fourth round, loser plays Kilgore second round

The L-E-Paris winner will get Crandall or Wills Point

The loser gets a very good Kaufman team

The winner wouldn't play Kilgore until fourth round, loser plays Kilgore second round

You are absolutely right. Must win for both teams