Playoff scenarios

dago29

It boils down to this last week, so some of the scenarios are a lot clearer than they were last week. What's it gonna take for your team to get in to The Show? Are they already in? Going for a district title? Hoping that someone loses so they don't go to Division 1?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for District 19 and 20 in 3A

If Rusk beats Mexia, there will be a three way tie between Groesbeck, Mexia, and Rusk. And then it would come down to the numbers game to see whether Grosebeck or Rusk would play Center. But if Mexia wins, Rusk is out, Center plays Groesbeck and Fairfield would play the winner of the Diboll/Huntington game in Div II. And Mexia would play Carthage and Jasper would play Palestine in Div I

Winnsboro is in and will be playing for an out right district championship or a share of the title if they were to lose to Malakoff. They will either meet the number 2,3,4 team out of district 8.

. New Boston vs Mt Vernon will decide 2 and 3 seed: Redwater vs Queen City battle 4 last playoff spot...loser starts round ball...winner gets to play at least one more week of football

As for District 19 and 20 in 3A

If Rusk beats Mexia, there will be a three way tie between Groesbeck, Mexia, and Rusk. And then it would come down to the numbers game to see whether Grosebeck or Rusk would play Center. But if Mexia wins, Rusk is out, Center plays Groesbeck and Fairfield would play the winner of the Diboll/Huntington game in Div II. And Mexia would play Carthage and Jasper would play Palestine in Div I

Ya gotta love the new fourth team in the playoffs in 2A and 3A. Making 0-fer teams relevant in Week 10. LOL

In 8-2A D2 - Cooper has a lock on 1; Edgewood will be 2; Clarksville and Alba Golden, each with 3 district wins will play to decide who is 3 and who is 4.

Clarksville is much improved over the past few weeks; Alba has played pretty good all year. Either way, neither team will last till Thanksgiving.

The four teams of 14-4A have been decided.

Texas High (4-0)

Sulphur Spring (3-1)

Hallsville (3-1)

Marshall (2-2)

-------

MP (0-4)

PT (0-4)

WHAT WE KNOW:

1. Texarkana, SS, Halls, Marshall are in

2. PT and MP are out

3. Texarkana and Marshall will go 4A Div I and Hallsville and SS will go 4A Div II

4. Texarkana will be the top seed in Div I

5. Texarkana is the only team in the district with a defense.

WHAT WE DON'T KNOW:

1. Who the district champion is

2. Who will be the top seed and the runner up in Div II

3. Who will end up in the district cellar?

4. Will 2 of the 3 games again this week see nearly 100 points scored?

Texas High will win the district title with a win over Hallsville.

A Hallsville win over Txarkana with a SS win over Marshall would make Halls, TexH, and SS tri-champions

A SS win over Marshall will make SS the top seed in Div II no matter the outcome of the Hallsville game

A Hallsville win and a SS loss would make the Bobcats the top seed in Div II

The winner of the PT/MP game will avoid a winless district slate and finishing in last place.

Who we all will face in the first round is a mess. 13-4A could finish in any number of ways.

I know this! MV will most likely squeak by at #4 in District 8. Can you beat them a second time by 1 point?

3 place Redwater is very capable of taking the Raiders out.

Have you seen them play or just going on word of mouth? District 8 from top to bottom are not world beaters. They and that includes Daingerfield are beatable on any given night. lol :)

The four teams of 14-4A have been decided.

Texas High (4-0)

Sulphur Spring (3-1)

Hallsville (3-1)

Marshall (2-2)

-------

MP (0-4)

PT (0-4)

WHAT WE KNOW:

1. Texarkana, SS, Halls, Marshall are in

2. PT and MP are out

3. Texarkana and Marshall will go 4A Div I and Hallsville and SS will go 4A Div II

4. Texarkana will be the top seed in Div I

5. Texarkana is the only team in the district with a defense.

WHAT WE DON'T KNOW:

1. Who the district champion is

2. Who will be the top seed and the runner up in Div II

3. Who will end up in the district cellar?

4. Will 2 of the 3 games again this week see nearly 100 points scored?

Texas High will win the district title with a win over Hallsville.

A Hallsville win over Txarkana with a SS win over Marshall would make Halls, TexH, and SS tri-champions

A SS win over Marshall will make SS the top seed in Div II no matter the outcome of the Hallsville game

A Hallsville win and a SS loss would make the Bobcats the top seed in Div II

The winner of the PT/MP game will avoid a winless district slate and finishing in last place.

Who we all will face in the first round is a mess. 13-4A could finish in any number of ways.

Congrats to the Mavs. The foundation is there to build on. I expect the Mavs to do even greater things next year.

Pretty sure Dist. 8 will be like this.

1st. Daingerfield

2nd. New Boston

3rd. Redwater

4th. Mt. Vernon

And I'll go out on a limb and predict Dist. 7

1st Tie between Winnsboro, Malakoff, & Lone Oak. Coin flip.

4th. Quitman.

So Winnsboro could very well run in to New Boston. :lol: :lol: First round.

Besides, your Red Raiders will probably get knocked of the top spot this Friday.

We will have to wait and see. The world will not end if they do get beat. We are not consumed by football like a certain school that shall remain nameless.