Playoff scenarios

dago29

Pretty sure Dist. 8 will be like this.

1st. Daingerfield

2nd. New Boston

3rd. Redwater

4th. Mt. Vernon

And I'll go out on a limb and predict Dist. 7

1st Tie between Winnsboro, Malakoff, & Lone Oak. Coin flip.

4th. Quitman.

So Winnsboro could very well run in to New Boston. :lol: :lol: First round.

Se we will take what we get. I am so glad that you have written the rugged red off even before the game is played.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Dist. 8 will be like this.

1st. Daingerfield

2nd. New Boston

3rd. Redwater

4th. Mt. Vernon

And I'll go out on a limb and predict Dist. 7

1st Tie between Winnsboro, Malakoff, & Lone Oak. Coin flip.

4th. Quitman.

So Winnsboro could very well run in to New Boston. :lol: :lol: First round.

I will have a crow sandwich ready for you after the game Friday night. Enjoy you week off.

Every year on here there are some fans from different school's fans who sometime write either the coach or the team off after the first few games. I seem to remember a fan from a certain school was doing just that. Why should I be any different after a few games.

I seem to remember saying several weeks ago that I was wrong.

I have not been able to support the boys like I would like to have because of my husband's health and driving an older car that I did not trust. My husband took care of that and I will be buying a new car to follow the teams in the playoffs. If'n you are nice I might even follow Daingerfield this year. I had a fun time in Mount Pleasant last year.

I am not calling NB out but another school in that district.

Everyone play nice! I didn't start this thread for it to become a bash someone's school thread. If you can't keep it to simply reporting playoff scenarios, I'll report you.

Wait..what am I thinking? EVERY thread becomes a bash someone's school thread. Ummmm, nevermind...carry on!

Everyone play nice! I didn't start this thread for it to become a bash someone's school thread. If you can't keep it to simply reporting playoff scenarios, I'll report you.

Wait..what am I thinking? EVERY thread becomes a bash someone's school thread. Ummmm, nevermind...carry on!

i started laughing as soon as read "i'll report you"!!

Every year on here there are some fans from different school's fans who sometime write either the coach or the team off after the first few games. I seem to remember a fan from a certain school was doing just that. Why should I be any different after a few games.

I seem to remember saying several weeks ago that I was wrong.

I have not been able to support the boys like I would like to have because of my husband's health and driving an older car that I did not trust. My husband took care of that and I will be buying a new car to follow the teams in the playoffs. If'n you are nice I might even follow Daingerfield this year. I had a fun time in Mount Pleasant last year.

I am not calling NB out but another school in that district.

That is true. DF was ready to run their coach off. True story.

12-5A

IF HORN BEATS NORTH AND LONGVIEW BEATS RW

LV-JHHS-ROCK-MHS

IF HORN BEATS NORTH AND RW BEATS LONGVIEW

LV-JHHS-ROCK-MHS

IF NM BEATS HORN AND LONGVIEW BEATS RW

LV- MHS-NM-JHHS

( 4 Way tie for 2nd- we use Head to Head: MHS 2-1/NM 2-1/ Horn 1-2/ RW 1-2)

MHS and NM advance for being dominant teams and Horn advances over RW on head to head.

IF NM BEATS HORN AND RW BEATS LONGVIEW

LV-RW-MHS-NM

(3 way tie for 3rd- MHS advances due to head to head vs. NM and JHHS/ NM advances over JHHS on head to head)

The four teams of 14-4A have been decided.

Texas High (4-0)

Sulphur Spring (3-1)

Hallsville (3-1)

Marshall (2-2)

-------

MP (0-4)

PT (0-4)

WHAT WE KNOW:

1. Texarkana, SS, Halls, Marshall are in

2. PT and MP are out

3. Texarkana and Marshall will go 4A Div I and Hallsville and SS will go 4A Div II

4. Texarkana will be the top seed in Div I

5. Texarkana is the only team in the district with a defense.

WHAT WE DON'T KNOW:

1. Who the district champion is

2. Who will be the top seed and the runner up in Div II

3. Who will end up in the district cellar?

4. Will 2 of the 3 games again this week see nearly 100 points scored?

Texas High will win the district title with a win over Hallsville.

A Hallsville win over Txarkana with a SS win over Marshall would make Halls, TexH, and SS tri-champions

A SS win over Marshall will make SS the top seed in Div II no matter the outcome of the Hallsville game

A Hallsville win and a SS loss would make the Bobcats the top seed in Div II

The winner of the PT/MP game will avoid a winless district slate and finishing in last place.

Who we all will face in the first round is a mess. 13-4A could finish in any number of ways.

13-4A is a piece of cake compared to 14-4A. They are in a four way tie for 2nd. No way to figure out who anyone in 13-4A will meet in 1st round.

Have you seen them play or just going on word of mouth? District 8 from top to bottom are not world beaters. They and that includes Daingerfield are beatable on any given night. lol :)

Not impossible but the top 3 in 8 2A will be a load for Dist 7. RW is getting better every game. The DF and NB D's will shut the dist 7 O's down. We are dealing with teen age kids however

Red. Winnsboro needs to win Dist and avoid the top 2 in 8 thru round 2. JMHO. Your guys have surprised me this year. Great job by the kids and coaches

k5893997.jpg

Better than being bored all week.

Didn't take much to stir you up Red.

You are just too easy.

Hey, It was not I who wanted to rid Daingerfield of its coach.

I'm a Daingerfield Homey honey.

Win or Lose.

You trying to provok a Heart attack. Be kind and remember your place if you're under 50. Red loves the Winny program and should. Just like us

Your a fence rider.

Not impossible but the top 3 in 8 2A will be a load for Dist 7. RW is getting better every game. The DF and NB D's will shut the dist 7 O's down. We are dealing with teen age kids however

Red. Winnsboro needs to win Dist and avoid the top 2 in 8 thru round 2. JMHO. Your guys have surprised me this year. Great job by the kids and coaches

You are not telling me any thing I do not already know. I have been looking at the brackets for several weeks now.

New Boston's wrote nothing about football. Only thing written in New Boston brings in the feds.

They wrote the Coaches guide to one dimensional offense. Wasn't a best seller and only had two copies sold on Craigslist to two coaches from New Boston.

Kool did dedicate it to Ole man, True Homers till the end...........................LOL