'13-'14 15-2A basketball thread

flukeshot

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like another undefeated district season for the Tigers. Maybe by play off we will be ready to make a run.

Yea, I hear ya! This can be done if we can put a WHOLE game together like I said earlier in the week. The 2nd half showboating last night (prior games also) was not fun to watch. We can't get into doing that every night. We have to learn to play a WHOLE game by the time the playoffs hit or we will be going home early.

I think the "showboating" only comes when the game is safe.....

Biggest drag on production is the rotating substitutions; however, I agree with what Coach is doing there. Keeps from running the score and is giving the bench some experience.

I really look for this team to be ready by playoff time. District is not going to provide enough challenge games. Maybe we can get a tough warm up game.

By the way, Cooper is starting to make some noise. I knew their coach was going to improve that situation.

Yea, I hear ya! This can be done if we can put a WHOLE game together like I said earlier in the week. The 2nd half showboating last night (prior games also) was not fun to watch. We can't get into doing that every night. We have to learn to play a WHOLE game by the time the playoffs hit or we will be going home early.

The kids need to humble themselves a thank the Maker for their God given talant. No telling what they could do with an attitude from the heart

I think the "showboating" only comes when the game is safe.....

Biggest drag on production is the rotating substitutions; however, I agree with what Coach is doing there. Keeps from running the score and is giving the bench some experience.

I really look for this team to be ready by playoff time. District is not going to provide enough challenge games. Maybe we can get a tough warm up game.

By the way, Cooper is starting to make some noise. I knew their coach was going to improve that situation.

LOL...Full Court, baseline to baseline for 4 quarters is the way!!!!!! No showboating! It will come back to bite you in due time!!!

LOL...Full Court, baseline to baseline for 4 quarters is the way!!!!!! No showboating! It will come back to bite you in due time!!!

I agree with your assessment; however, this is what happens when the competition can't keep up and you have a coach (right or wrong) that doesn't want to run the score. By the way I am not bashing our coach....

I am totally in Nichols corner; but, I would like to see us just take the air out of the ball when we get a big lead.

The officiating crew let ch get away with murder the entire game. One kid received a pass at the free throw line and didnt dribble til half court....the jr high teams are doing fine 8th grade bunch lost their 1st district game my step mom recorded it on her ipad I wish I could post it on here so ppl could see how kids are treated it was pitiful, granted the 8th grade bunch didn't help themselves at all. Played lil to no transition defense and looked all around lost, it was my 1st game watching them and they are for sure no 8th grade team of last year....

They were equally as bad in Clarksville at the girl's JH Game. Luckily it did not matter because C'ville JH girls program is pretty bad. Even referees would comment back when someone would say she just took 5 steps and the refs said no, it was 6 steps. Kinda have come to expect this in JH basketball. It is where they get started I guess, but I have no idea why some of these folks chose to referee basketball for money on the side. I can think of several other things they could be doing and be much more qualified for than calling basketball games.

You can post to YouTube and tell us where the link is. That 8th Grade bunch from CH is pretty solid and I would love to see which kid walked from the FT line to midcourt without dribbling. Was the game out of hand and they were just letting it go? I would assume based on Clarksville's program the game wasn't out of control.

My question is how many free throws and lay ups did they miss? Being an official, I'll be the 1st to say officiating is down. Most chapters pair young officials for Jr hg games. Because of constant harassment from both fans & coaches, we can't keep good officials. But teams must learn to play through officiating. Its all part of the game. Ijs...

My question is how many free throws and lay ups did they miss? Being an official, I'll be the 1st to say officiating is down. Most chapters pair young officials for Jr hg games. Because of constant harassment from both fans & coaches, we can't keep good officials. But teams must learn to play through officiating. Its all part of the game. Ijs...

I hate to see officiating become apparent during a game, either way. Having said that, it is JH; probably won't see CH for a while after realignment.

It isn't uncommon for Clarksville's JH program to fluctuate; remember you only have 2 grades to draw from, when the get to varsity you have 4 grades to pull from. Take this years varsity and pull either the top 2 or bottom 2 classes and see what you got.

That is a good 8th grade bunch in ch and the game was close the entire way...

You can post to YouTube and tell us where the link is. That 8th Grade bunch from CH is pretty solid and I would love to see which kid walked from the FT line to midcourt without dribbling. Was the game out of hand and they were just letting it go? I would assume based on Clarksville's program the game wasn't out of control.