'13-'14 15-2A basketball thread

flukeshot

No stones thrown at Coach Carlisle. I will be the 1st one to say he is a legend and is very thankful for the job he did at Cvlle.

But I like Coach Nicholas and think he is doing a wonderful job. Only 2 players on this current team had real varsity experience. The others played sparingly or was on jv or middle school. With that being said, if that's bad coaching, I'll take him any day.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No stones thrown at Coach Carlisle. I will be the 1st one to say he is a legend and is very thankful for the job he did at Cvlle.

But I like Coach Nicholas and think he is doing a wonderful job. Only 2 players on this current team had real varsity experience. The others played sparingly or was on jv or middle school. With that being said, if that's bad coaching, I'll take him any day.

+1

+100! Awesome words right there! He's done a great job with our youth! Would take him any day of the week!

HAHA. That says it all right there. ONLY won two in 14 years!

Yeah, two state titles shouldn't be qualified with "only", still it can be worth pointing out since there are people who think he would've won like seven more since he retired. I doubt even coach Carlisle himself could live up to the coach Carlisle legend.

HAHA. That says it all right there. ONLY won two in 14 years!

ONLY 2?? How many state basketball titles are sitting in your schools trophy case? Clarksville is sitting at 3 at this moment along with a total of 8 trips down to Austin with all of them being in the last 25 years. It's a tradition type of thing here.

73 Don't feel to bad against the close win against RW. The dragons are well coached. I have never seen a group of kids with average talant compete like they do.

No offense Ole, but you're blowing a little bit of sunshine there. 11-13, 6-8 in district. Without the fourth playoff spot being added Redwater's season would've been over with a month ago.

48 hours later the shock has nearly worn off for me giggle.gif, and I give the Dragons credit for playing hard and hitting shots, but to me it's about what Clarksville did and didn't do. If they play the same way tomorrow they'll get run off the court. But I don't think that's going to happen.

Fluke, I am with you. Clarksville nearly played themselves out of the playoffs Tuesday night.

Now to everyone blown up about the ONLY. I started it! I meant that as emphasis.. Not as a negative.

Clakrsville has a ton of tradition in basketball. They have had 4 coaches in the past 24 years. Obviously, Clyde gets 14 of those years; Nichols has been here for 3 and the other 7 are split between Wallace and Sigler.

I think 3 titles over that span is super! But, it also shows you how hard they are to get. with all the talent and coaching Clarksville has had to only (there is that word again) get 3!!! In that timespan there are 100's of schools that are looking for 1

Fluke, I am with you. Clarksville nearly played themselves out of the playoffs Tuesday night.

Now to everyone blown up about the ONLY. I started it! I meant that as emphasis.. Not as a negative.

Clakrsville has a ton of tradition in basketball. They have had 4 coaches in the past 24 years. Obviously, Clyde gets 14 of those years; Nichols has been here for 3 and the other 7 are split between Wallace and Sigler.

I think 3 titles over that span is super! But, it also shows you how hard they are to get. with all the talent and coaching Clarksville has had to only (there is that word again) get 3!!! In that timespan there are 100's of schools that are looking for 1

+100

+1000 Well said my friend.

No offense Ole, but you're blowing a little bit of sunshine there. 11-13, 6-8 in district. Without the fourth playoff spot being added Redwater's season would've been over with a month ago.

48 hours later the shock has nearly worn off for me giggle.gif, and I give the Dragons credit for playing hard and hitting shots, but to me it's about what Clarksville did and didn't do. If they play the same way tomorrow they'll get run off the court. But I don't think that's going to happen.

Fluke

It may be jus luck the play teams on their worst day. But it has happened to us all. Did you look at the kids from RW. They with the exception of a couple looked like JV players yet they hung. If you played them often they take a little and compete. I know the lost alot of games but how close were they. When we play RW in a game we always expect a hard fight

Off-topic, but New Boston just knocked off 27-2 Faith Family Academy by 7. So one of the charters is done and Oleman will undoubtedly be happy. And hopefully even happier after tomorrow.

You are right. I will truly be happy if the Tigers take um out

What's the scouting report on Chapel Hill? Heard they had a good point guard

They had a good point guard. He broke his leg before Christmas. Don't know that he is back, he didn't play in either game against Clarksville.

They are sound fundamentally; but, if you get can get out them, they probably cant catch up

Probably talking about Baron Rogers. Yes, he's very good. I like CH and I've always enjoyed their aggressive, attack the basket style of play and I hope they win tonight, no offense LOBuff, but CH are a bunch of mites mostly and so if I'm remembering LO correctly y'all will have a big size advantage. And then Chapel Hill's depth .. at least when I saw them in the regular season they liked to sub five for five, but they really suffer in my opinion when a couple of their starters are off the floor.