'13-'14 15-2A basketball thread

flukeshot

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Cvlle needs all the playing time they can get. We still got a long way to go. Defense has improved but I still say we could play better. Would love to see a press.

Agree....

Tigers only scored 9 in the 2nd; playing pretty good D but the O is on a roller coaster.

Clarksville 5-0

Chapel Hill 4-1

Rivercrest 4-1

Chisum 3-2

Cooper 2-3

Prairiland 2-3

De Kalb 0-5

Mt. Vernon 0-5

1/14

---------

Clarksville @ Cooper

Prairiland @ Chapel Hill

Chisum @ Rivercrest

Mt. Vernon @ De Kalb

1/17

---------

Clarksville @ Mt. Vernon

Rivercrest @ Chapel Hill

Chisum @ Prairiland

Cooper @ De Kalb

I would like to see us schedule CH for nonconference next year; don't figure CH will go for that....

For tomorrow night, I'll take:

Clarksville

Chapel Hill

Rivercrest

DeKalb (only because they are home)

Any thoughts on the Chisum-Pland game on Friday? At the start, I would have said Chisum; after seeing Chisum last week, I'm not so sure.

I say chisum gets it done today and Friday, they are inconsistent in their play but that PG of there's is tough!

Their PG is very tough, BUT Clarksville caused a lot of their inconsistent play. Our defense is just too much! We have way too much height for teams to play inside with us and our bench is solid also. Every team in our district has and will have to play outside of the arc and hope they hit a lot of 3's to keep it close with us.

Their PG is very tough, BUT Clarksville caused a lot of their inconsistent play. Our defense is just too much! We have way too much height for teams to play inside with us and our bench is solid also. Every team in our district has and will have to play outside of the arc and hope they hit a lot of 3's to keep it close with us.

I agree y'all are very tough down low, no doubt about it, but as far as tonight and Friday goes for. Chisum I don't see anybody being able to stop him

I don't see Chisum beating Rivercrest tonight; the question is can they beat Prairieland on Friday night?

Rivercrest matched up better with Clarksville's size and speed than any district team we have seen so far. They are going to give Chisum the same problems that Clarksville did (maybe the "Lite" version). Evans, the pg at Chisum is the best 3 ball I have seen in district; but, he will have to hit 3 a quarter for Chisum to have a chance.

Chisum had that game, by far the better team, just got out hustled and more less "gave up" after a little run by rivercrest at the end of the third qtr , PG played decent he just has NO help AT ALL! Officiating wasn't the greatest I've seen either though in their defense. But pitiful 2nd half effort by chisum.....

What happened?

I didn't go. Caught the last bit of it on the radio. Tigers were up 58-46 with around 4 minutes left and then the meltdown started. More turnovers than field goal attempts in the fourth if I understood correctly. Cooper had a kid go off for 29. I'm sure 73 will have more details.

Before I get into the Tigers, let me say Cooper is much improved. The kid that 29 is good. I truly thought Cooper was going to out hustle the Tigers and get the win.

Now for the Tigers, looked really good through 3 quarters. They have taken some heat for showboating and not finishing some games. No showboating tonight. Tigers seemed to play good defense; but, in the fourth everything Cooper threw up fell in.

As mentioned above, Tigers had as many turnovers as points in the 4th. Free shooting was coldest of the year, Tigers only 4 of 13 on the night. Like 1 of 5 in the fourth. Most of the misses were front end of 1 & 1.

I probably criticized the refs too much on the air (sorry 91); Tigers have got to play well enough that calls don't matter. Worst was when Nichols got Tech while trying to call a timeout.

Hope the Tigers learn from this experience