'13-'14 15-2A basketball thread

flukeshot

I don't think some of yall are giving credit to teams like Cooper and Rivercrest. I don;t think Chisum will be in the hunt at the end of district. Looks to be Clarksville, CH, Rivercrest, & Cooper in some order. We will find that out on Feb. 11th.

Cooper needs to beat someone in the second round that they lost to in the first round; certainly possible!

I hope we see how good the Rebels are this Friday night at CH

If you'll look at my earlier post to Eagles1234; I thought I gave Rivercrest some kudos.

I agree with your top 4 at the moment.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I get into the Tigers, let me say Cooper is much improved. The kid that 29 is good. I truly thought Cooper was going to out hustle the Tigers and get the win.

Now for the Tigers, looked really good through 3 quarters. They have taken some heat for showboating and not finishing some games. No showboating tonight. Tigers seemed to play good defense; but, in the fourth everything Cooper threw up fell in.

As mentioned above, Tigers had as many turnovers as points in the 4th. Free shooting was coldest of the year, Tigers only 4 of 13 on the night. Like 1 of 5 in the fourth. Most of the misses were front end of 1 & 1.

I probably criticized the refs too much on the air (sorry 91); Tigers have got to play well enough that calls don't matter. Worst was when Nichols got Tech while trying to call a timeout.

Hope the Tigers learn from this experience

You do have to play through the calls. But, we got numerous bad calls and no calls last night. The tech they through on Nichols was horrendous to say the least. I've never seen a game called like that in my life that I can recall. I'm still shaking my head on the technical foul. I told you guys a week ago that we have to get in the habit of playing for 4 quarters because somewhere down the line it will and could bite us and it almost did last night. We had a 20+ lead in the 3rd quarter. Cooper had 2 great players that almost won the game for them.

You might could say a good team wins when all goes wrong.

If 29 point guy had hit a 3 at the end, this thing would have been bad.

Tiger team has super talent and a pretty good coach. It just seems like they can't keep all phases of the game going at the same time.

Shooting, rebounding, defense, controlling the ball, fast break; not always the same but some element seems to break down at different times during a game.

I'm going out on a limb and saying the road team wins all tonights games except Chisum.

I know a win by Prairieland and Rivercrest would be somewhat of a surprise; CH just surprised me with what they had (or didn't have) and Chisum regretfully is on a downward spiral at the moment.

Clarksville 7-0

Chapel Hill 6-1

Rivercrest 5-2

Chisum 4-3

Cooper 3-4

Prairiland 2-5

De Kalb 1-6

Mt. Vernon 0-7

1/21

--------

De Kalb @ Clarksville

Prairiland @ Rivercrest