'13-'14 15-2A basketball thread

flukeshot

Chisum's PG put them on his back when they needed him most! Might not have had a great game against c-ville but ill put that kid up against anyone in this district! Big win for the mustangs, I guess they are still alive for the moment!

This week will tell the tale for Chisum. Very important they at least win Friday and claim that head-to-head tiebreaker over Cooper.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the halfway point, I will say I'm pleased with my Tigers. Even though this would be considered a rebuilding year by most, I can still see a deep play off run in the making. As CVT would say, they must learn to play complete games; but that will all come with experience. Good thing is we will only be losing 3 players. So the future looks good. TPND!

At the halfway point, I will say I'm pleased with my Tigers. Even though this would be considered a rebuilding year by most, I can still see a deep play off run in the making. As CVT would say, they must learn to play complete games; but that will all come with experience. Good thing is we will only be losing 3 players. So the future looks good. TPND!

+1. The whole team gets a lot of playing time in games and that's a good thing for the future. With that being said, the 3 years after this year look very bright with the experience they are getting this year.

Damn ! I wish I could be there. Ya'll take care of the boys ( they are good ones). Watche out the next couple of years. I don't expect the Tigers to win state (they could) because of the size of the school. I do know they have players with God given talant second to none. Boys, you can name your future. Just do it

Damn ! I wish I could be there. Ya'll take care of the boys ( they are good ones). Watche out the next couple of years. I don't expect the Tigers to win state (they could) because of the size of the school. I do know they have players with God given talant second to none. Boys, you can name your future. Just do it

Oleman, the Ripple has you talking crazy again. Break that down...Do you mean they won't win state this year or over the next few years? I don't see us doing it this year, but I do see us making 2-3 trips down to the drum after this year.

A trip to Austin; while not completely out of the question, would be a pleasant ending to this season.

I do think this team has a good chance of playing in Stephenville in a few weeks.

They are struggling at times; I think both with youth and trying to find an identity. When you get to the playoffs, it will only take one bad game to get you sent home.

Future is bright when you have 3 freshmen getting a huge amount of playing time and winning games. Savage and Woodberry will be missed; but, I don't look for graduation to hurt the chances for playoff runs the next couple of years.

Clarksville hasn't been to Stephenville since losing to Ponder in the regional final in 2006. Be nice to exit (this year's) 2A for perhaps the final time with a trip back but the charter schools from district 13 will be in the way again and Edgewood has a pretty fair chance of being in our quarter of the bracket. That's IF district is won which along with the winning streak ought to be the main concern now.

A trip to Austin; while not completely out of the question, would be a pleasant ending to this season.

I do think this team has a good chance of playing in Stephenville in a few weeks.

They are struggling at times; I think both with youth and trying to find an identity. When you get to the playoffs, it will only take one bad game to get you sent home.

Future is bright when you have 3 freshmen getting a huge amount of playing time and winning games. Savage and Woodberry will be missed; but, I don't look for graduation to hurt the chances for playoff runs the next couple of years.

+1

Clarksville hasn't been to Stephenville since losing to Ponder in the regional final in 2006. Be nice to exit (this year's) 2A for perhaps the final time with a trip back but the charter schools from district 13 will be in the way again and Edgewood has a pretty fair chance of being in our quarter of the bracket. That's IF district is won which along with the winning streak ought to be the main concern now.

+1

Monster dunk, left DeKalb so confused that Clayshon stole the inbound and finished with 2 hander! That sequence is truly highlight reel!

+1. That was a classic sequence of 2 dunks within a few seconds. It was rare and it raised the roof on the gym. That was the icing on the cake after DeKalb started playing dirty and mouthing our guys.

+1. That was a classic sequence of 2 dunks within a few seconds. It was rare and it raised the roof on the gym. That was the icing on the cake after DeKalb started playing dirty and mouthing our guys.

There could have been a little mouthing, I am not going to say there wasn't, but there was no dirty playing by either team. There were a couple of semi-hard fouls because how else can 5'7-5'9 stop 6'5 and 6'6 from driving and dunking on them? There will always be some frustration in a game where a team is down by 40+ late in the game and the winning team is still pressing full court. And, I am not whining about the pressing, just simply stating facts. I understand that C'ville is a full court pressure team and that is the style they play. And, I have no beef with them working on it the entire game in a blowout. But expect a little frustration from the opposing kids, and don't portray our kids as playing dirty. We do not play that way. We play hard for 48 minutes not matter the score or the opponent. Our kids are not a great basketball team, but they put out as much effort as any team.

There could have been a little mouthing, I am not going to say there wasn't, but there was no dirty playing by either team. There were a couple of semi-hard fouls because how else can 5'7-5'9 stop 6'5 and 6'6 from driving and dunking on them? There will always be some frustration in a game where a team is down by 40+ late in the game and the winning team is still pressing full court. And, I am not whining about the pressing, just simply stating facts. I understand that C'ville is a full court pressure team and that is the style they play. And, I have no beef with them working on it the entire game in a blowout. But expect a little frustration from the opposing kids, and don't portray our kids as playing dirty. We do not play that way. We play hard for 48 minutes not matter the score or the opponent. Our kids are not a great basketball team, but they put out as much effort as any team.

I certainly took no offense to the fouls. The press is somewhat a result of the stall. Don't blame DK for taking the air out of the ball after the success that Cooper and MV had doing that.

I thought the DK kids just hustled and as you said it has to be that way when there is such a size difference.

I was most disappointed by what came out of your coaches mouth at the end of the 1st; and got broadcast through our headsets.

Otherwise, good luck the rest of the way

Two big games Friday. Clarksville @ Rivercrest. Cooper @ Chisum. Who y'all got?

Rivercrest is at home and it's their last gasp chance at making a play for the district title. Clarksville's 56 game district winning streak on the line in a hostile environment. Jamal Curtis was pretty much unstoppable in the first meeting. Any thoughts?

I guess I have to admit that my second place aspirations for Chisum are officially dead. giggle.gifYou know I picked them there just on the strength of their non-district win over North Lamar, which looks even more impressive now than it did then. I guess in hindsight you have to say that Chisum lucked out a little in their first matchup with Cooper, to have played them early in the schedule when the Bulldogs barely had any games under their belt. The way Cooper seems to be hitting their stride I think you have to call them a favorite even with the game in Paris and then if they do win, since they have Chapel Hill and Rivercrest at home this loop through district it would not be a great shock if they won one of those and took a playoff spot outright.

1st thing as for Cvlle pressing the entire game, we are trying to get into play off shape. True starters did play in the 4th but our reserves played a lot also. As we know, when the play offs come our starters need to be able to press and run for 4 quarters with the style of basketball that we play.

As far as our streak is considered, I will say what I have always said. When my Tigers play hungry, they are hard to beat. Tigers by 10. TPND!

Tiger 73, just because you didn't take offense to it doesn't mean that no one else did nor the players. The players took offense to it and they're the ones who play. Our guys were getting knocked on the floor pretty hard, just like they did in MV the other night. But, we at least got some calls this goe around unlike the other night.

Tiger 73, just because you didn't take offense to it doesn't mean that no one else did nor the players. The players took offense to it and they're the ones who play. Our guys were getting knocked on the floor pretty hard, just like they did in MV the other night. But, we at least got some calls this goe around unlike the other night.

I was referring to myself; playing aggressive is a team's option. I do take more offense to officials allowing the aggression to be one sided (MV); Tuesday night the aggression caused DK to lose a couple of players to fouls and allowed the Tigers to shoot 35 free throws.

On this same note; I know our guys take offense and they are going to have to combat it with their play. I promise you the "fouls" and lack of calls will be huge factor should this team make it to region. How they handle it may dictate their success.

To add to the discussion; how about the fan in the stands ?