'13-'14 15-2A basketball thread

flukeshot

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look that way, but I personally like things to be all nice and mathematically assured and a win at Chapel Hill would do that.

Edit: Err, Chisum's fleeting playoff hopes will eventually be on the line at home against Rivercrest. Not sure why I thought it was there or on Friday.

Think it's probably safe to say that the Cooper coach has coach of the year wrapped up.

I agree that Cooper coach has done an outstanding job and could live with him being COY.

I think it will depend on how they finish the season and how far Walker Nichols can take the young Tigers in the playoffs.

Cooper win out, maybe win at least one playoff game will be a strong case unless the Tigers make it to the region finals.

Neither would be odds on favorites; but, both or either could happen.

I disagree, but that's my opinion. Cooper will more than likely get 3rd place or 4th, depending on how things play out. Why would you give COTY to a 3rd or 4th place team when you have a Coach (C'ville) whose team will WIN the district and has the Tigers ranked in the Top 10 with well over half of his team being Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors (majority Freshman of those 3 listed)? I think our Coach is more than deserving of this honor with what has been done with the young talent this year.

Cooper will most likely get third or fourth (although a share of second is still possible, if unlikely), but in context when you consider how horrible they were last year it's a very impressive turnaround. I believe theblueguy said they had some football kids come back out for basketball who didn't last year, but even so molding that into a playoff team given the very abbreviated schedule they had thanks to the football team's deep run is still remarkable. To me, anyway.

As for (our) coach Nichols, not trying to take anything away from the job he has done but everyone in the district would happily trade rosters with Clarksville, bunch of young guys or not.

Hello fellas.. How bout them dawgs? :D sounds like Cooper has started hitting their stride after getting such a late start due to the football teams deep playoff run. Don't be surprised if they win out in district. I'm curious how things would be right now had they not got such a late start to the season.

Hello fellas.. How bout them dawgs? :D sounds like Cooper has started hitting their stride after getting such a late start due to the football teams deep playoff run. Don't be surprised if they win out in district. I'm curious how things would be right now had they not got such a late start to the season.

So they have already played Cville twice

LOL! I guess we "stole" that game a few weeks ago since we blew a big lead. You guys do look good, but it ain't happening in our house in a week or so.