'13-'14 15-2A basketball thread

flukeshot

I'd like to say Thank You to Brent Wilburn for writing an article in Sunday's Paris News about Clarksville Basketball. He echoed the exact same things that I have been saying for weeks! Let these Freshmen develop and you'll see what I've been saying ALL along!!

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to say Thank You to Brent Wilburn for writing an article in Sunday's Paris News about Clarksville Basketball. He echoed the exact same things that I have been saying for weeks! Let these Freshmen develop and you'll see what I've been saying ALL along!!

+1

Brent usually covers Clarksville pretty well. Good article. Right on!

i know they started slow. are the Tigers coming around now

Tigers played Lone Oak 7 days and 3 practices after the final/only playoff football game. Lone Oak had 1 player that had played football, Clarksville had everyone in football. Lone Oak makes the Tigers look bad and all of a sudden lots of folks are dogging the coach and declaring the Tigers dead for the year. A week later, they lose to PG (better showing) and the talk continues. They are now winners of 3 in a row, although none of the wins are over perennial powerhouses.

They have been without Savage who should be one of the best big men in the area. Playing 3 freshmen who are just now getting up to varsity speed.

Another thing that caused a lot of negatives early was that from the press articles, Gaffney was an NBA player as a freshman. Kid has started slow; but, is an awesome talent. I think when Savage comes back to take some of the pressure off, we will see Gaffney have some big games.

Tigers very well may lose tonight at Liberty Eyluea, should get some wins this weekend, then open district play next week with a couple of wins. Could lose a couple at the Whataburger over the holidays. Then go through district ok. I think the only challenge in district will be the game at Chapel Hill.

How deep they go in the playoffs will depend on the development of the young players through the district campaign.

Tigers played Lone Oak 7 days and 3 practices after the final/only playoff football game. Lone Oak had 1 player that had played football, Clarksville had everyone in football. Lone Oak makes the Tigers look bad and all of a sudden lots of folks are dogging the coach and declaring the Tigers dead for the year. A week later, they lose to PG (better showing) and the talk continues. They are now winners of 3 in a row, although none of the wins are over perennial powerhouses.

They have been without Savage who should be one of the best big men in the area. Playing 3 freshmen who are just now getting up to varsity speed.

Another thing that caused a lot of negatives early was that from the press articles, Gaffney was an NBA player as a freshman. Kid has started slow; but, is an awesome talent. I think when Savage comes back to take some of the pressure off, we will see Gaffney have some big games.

Tigers very well may lose tonight at Liberty Eyluea, should get some wins this weekend, then open district play next week with a couple of wins. Could lose a couple at the Whataburger over the holidays. Then go through district ok. I think the only challenge in district will be the game at Chapel Hill.

How deep they go in the playoffs will depend on the development of the young players through the district campaign.

+1! Great response. Gaffney is getting double teamed every week and when Savage comes back who will people double? If they double Savage then that will leave Gaffney open and vise versa. I promise you the people that were hating the last few weeks will be at the games and on here bragging when we get it rolling! It will be tough tonight at L-E. They have athletes and they also play good at their place. I hope I can make the game, but it's looking doubtful.

+1! Great response. Gaffney is getting double teamed every week and when Savage comes back who will people double? If they double Savage then that will leave Gaffney open and vise versa. I promise you the people that were hating the last few weeks will be at the games and on here bragging when we get it rolling! It will be tough tonight at L-E. They have athletes and they also play good at their place. I hope I can make the game, but it's looking doubtful.

Were kinda shaky right now we have a regional final whole team back but the best two players out one was the league MVP he's out with a broken leg and the other is Post man Davion Hall and he opted out so he could graduate early so idk what to expect from us. The JV on other hand is awesome

Were kinda shaky right now we have a regional final whole team back but the best two players out one was the league MVP he's out with a broken leg and the other is Post man Davion Hall and he opted out so he could graduate early so idk what to expect from us. The JV on other hand is awesome

Last four or five years have all played out the same way. LE rolls in the jv game, Clarksville wins the one that matters. Hopefully that pattern continues tonight. animal_fish.gif

Last four or five years have all played out the same way. LE rolls in the jv game, Clarksville wins the one that matters. Hopefully that pattern continues tonight. animal_fish.gif

Yea your right for the most part but if not for those two kids I named this team could be really special good luck to both teams tonight I hate ima have to miss it got class tonight

Man, that has to be tough on you guys. But, L-E always seems to peak at the right time (district and playoffs) and I'm sure y'all will still have a good, solid season. Good luck to y'all AFTER tonight's game. LOL!