'13-'14 15-2A basketball thread

flukeshot

Wow +++

Tigers are starting to score some points

+1! Yes we are. I feel by January when the district portion gets heavy we will be doing just fine! Savage coming back this week will only add fuel to the fire!

Good luck tigers rest of the season

Thank You! We appreciate it!

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen Chisum play this year? I know they have the great PG back who is a game changer and from looking at the stats in the newspaper he hasn't left off from what all he did last year.

Seems too soon for district, but anyway here it is.

My predicted order of finish now that there are a few weeks worth of games in the bank: Clarksville, Chisum, Chapel Hill, Rivercrest, De Kalb, Prairiland, Cooper, Mt. Vernon

+1

I have not seen Chisum; from the reports in the Paris News they are not playing a real tough schedule.

Having said that, one of their wins is over North Lamar.

I'm not sure how good Chapel Hill is either, most all of their early games have been against smaller schools down in East Texas.

Since Chapel Hill and Chisum play tomorrow night; somebody will have an early loss in the fight for 2nd and 3rd!!!

Clarksville 90, De Kalb 40

Chapel Hill 47, Chisum 33

Rivercrest 70, Prairiland 59

Cooper 56, Mt. Vernon 52 (OT)

Totally surprised by the margin in the CH-Chisum game.

Maybe Clarksville made a statement with their win; DeKalb will not be the bottom team in the district.

Chisum did not look good last night. PG is good, but he does not have much help. If they are a playoff team, the District is down from what I saw last night.

I don't think Chisum will finish as high as second ( as predicted earlier ); but, they probably are a playoff team.

The bottom four of DeKalb, Prairieland, Cooper, & Mt Vernon will have a hard time breaking through and making the playoffs.

I look for Clarksville to finish at 1; with Chapel Hill and Rivercrest battling for 2 or 3; and Chisum at 4

I'm not sure how good Chapel Hill is at this point; after all they are missing their point guard.

But, if Chisum can't play within 14 of Chapel Hill, they can't beat Rivercrest either.

I just didn't put it on here; but, before last night I would have had the Stangs at 2!

I'm not sure how good Chapel Hill is at this point; after all they are missing their point guard.

But, if Chisum can't play within 14 of Chapel Hill, they can't beat Rivercrest either.

I don't know if that follows. Rivercrest just lost by double digits this past weekend weekend to Wolfe City. They were terrific when I saw them against Alba-Golden, but if you can handle their defensive pressure and either of their two main guys are off then they're in trouble.