JASPER vs. PALESTINE

JasperDawg

WHO U LIKE IN THIS ONE? MY DAWGS GONNA BE THE SALT IN ALL THE OPEN WOUNDS THE WILDCATS GOT TONITE WHEN FAIRFIELD GAVE THEM A DOWN RIGHT BEHIND THE WOODSHED BEATING !! CONGRATS PALESTINE ON HAVING A PLAYOFF SEASON, BUT GET YOUR BASKETBALL SHORTS READY CAUSE THE J DAWGS END UR SEASON NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did Fairfield do most the damage on the ground or thru the air

lol. this should answer your question

Team Stat Comparison

Fai Pal Number of Plays 55 40 Total Offense 425 20 Time of Possession 00:24:30 00:11:32 Rushing Attempts - Yards 33 - 175 27 - 8 Passing: Completions - Attempts 12 - 22 2 - 13 Passing Yards 250 12 Passing: Touchdowns - Interceptions 2 - 1 0 - 3 Fumbles - Lost 1 - 1 1 - 1 Turnovers 2 4 First Downs 15 4 First Downs - Rushing 5 2 First Downs - Passing 10 2 First Downs - Penalties 0 0 Third Down Conversions/Attempts 5/12 (41.7%) 0/11 (0.0%) Fourth Down Conversions/Attempts 0/2 (0.0%) 0/2 (0.0%) Penalties - Yards 8 - 65 5 - 45 Defensive Sacks - Yards 0 - 0 0 - 0 Punts - Average 3 - 13.0 9 - 35.0

- See more at: http://www.hsgamecenter.com/football/boys/game/2394342#sthash.gyZ9gebI.dpuf

We will see come Friday. There is no question that Palestine has to find some answers after the game we played last night, but I am sure that Coach Angel and his staff will. Fairfield is a great team and played great football. The score last night was as one sided as it was because of countless mistakes by the Wildcats. The Cats are capable of playing much better football than that. I promise you win or lose I will not start typing in all caps which in internet etiquette is the same as yelling. (I am assuming JasperDawg meant no disrespect and just did not realize this.) Jasper is a very solid team. If we play like we did last night we will lose badly. If we play the way we can, it will be a winnable game.

We will see come Friday. There is no question that Palestine has to find some answers after the game we played last night, but I am sure that Coach Angel and his staff will. Fairfield is a great team and played great football. The score last night was as one sided as it was because of countless mistakes by the Wildcats. The Cats are capable of playing much better football than that. I promise you win or lose I will not start typing in all caps which in internet etiquette is the same as yelling. (I am assuming JasperDawg meant no disrespect and just did not realize this.) Jasper is a very solid team. If we play like we did last night we will lose badly. If we play the way we can, it will be a winnable game.

i do wish your wildcats the best of luck next friday! congrats on nice winning season. but most importantly i hope that the young men from both teams are able to come out play hard, have fun and go home afterwards healthy!!

Jasper, don't get beside yourself. Jasper ain't no Fairfield. This game will be a lot closer than what you believe. Not saying that Jasper will not win, but Fairfield is playing on an entirely different level than most teams that think that they are "good" including when they played my Rattlers.

In other words, had Jasper played Fairfield, the results would have probably been similar. I mean, Jasper, you barely squeaked out a win vs a second year program in College Station.

Good luck to both teams.

Jasper, don't get beside yourself. Jasper ain't no Fairfield. This game will be a lot closer than what you believe. Not saying that Jasper will not win, but Fairfield is playing on an entirely different level than most teams that think that they are "good" including when they played my Rattlers.

In other words, had Jasper played Fairfield, the results would have probably been similar. I mean, Jasper, you barely squeaked out a win vs a second year program in College Station.

Good luck to both teams.

And that same Jasper team played top ten Carthage within 15 points when no one said they had a chance of even keeping the score close. And was ahead by 14-0 at one time. Take away all the Jasper turnovers (one at the Carthage one inch line) and it was a pretty close game. Jasper just might be much better than ya'll think.

But, I do think JasperDawg overstated things. Palestine will be very angry about how they played last night and will come into Nac on a mission to redeem themselves. The Jasper Dogs had better bring their "A" game!

By the way, did Navasota end up in D1 or D2? I see that you are playing Robinson who had been projected for Div 2. ??

Navasota is Division I..

College Station didn't participate in district play which leaves Navasota and Taylor as the two largest schools in a 5 team district. The two other qualifiers are Rockdale as the Division II #1 seed and Madisonville.

Jasper is one of those teams that will probably surprise a lot of people. They started the season off with high hopes.. Played some teams pretty close or even losing some games that where head scratchers, like losing to a (6-4) Orangefield team (both WOS and Silsbee blew the Bobcats out) and 2A Kirbyville and as I mentioned earlier, barely beating a second year program in College Station.

As you stated JasperDawg may have overstated things, which I agree. Palestine is still a good team. Don't underestimate the Wildcats.

Navasota is Division I..

College Station didn't participate in district play which leaves Navasota and Taylor as the two largest schools in a 5 team district. The two other qualifiers are Rockdale as the Division II #1 seed and Madisonville.

Jasper is one of those teams that will probably surprise a lot of people. They started the season off with high hopes.. Played some teams pretty close or even losing some games that where head scratchers, like losing to a (6-4) Orangefield team (both WOS and Silsbee blew the Bobcats out) and 2A Kirbyville and as I mentioned earlier, barely beating a second year program in College Station.

As you stated JasperDawg may have overstated things, which I agree. Palestine is still a good team. Don't underestimate the Wildcats.

Right. Head scratchers. 1. Kirbyville has a young team that has turned out to be much better than most anyone expected. 2. College Station; second year team loaded with juniors? Possibly also much better than anyone figured? Watch out for them next year. 3. Orangefield, correct. Still cannot understand what happened there. Jasper folded in the second half as they did with Kirbyville. Jasper seemed to have a conditioning problem that probably is no longer the case.

Regardless, it is now the real season and every team is starting 0-0. I nominate Jasper as the "sleeper" team of the year.

Right. Head scratchers. 1. Kirbyville has a young team that has turned out to be much better than most anyone expected. 2. College Station; second year team loaded with juniors? Possibly also much better than anyone figured? Watch out for them next year. 3. Orangefield, correct. Still cannot understand what happened there. Jasper folded in the second half as they did with Kirbyville. Jasper seemed to have a conditioning problem that probably is no longer the case.

Regardless, it is now the real season and every team is starting 0-0. I nominate Jasper as the "sleeper" team of the year.

Based on what they did against Carthage, the very well could be. If we get by Robinson in round #1, we will see Carthage the next round.

Good luck to the Bulldogs.

Based on what they did against Carthage, the very well could be. If we get by Robinson in round #1, we will see Carthage the next round.

Navasota is starting off with a very difficult path. But probably no worse than last year. Good luck to you also. Hope we meet in QF! Now, back to Palestine! Dogs gotta stay focused!

Palestine is better then they showed vs. Fairfield

FF may be the best team in 3aaa, combine that with a bad night and it got ugly. The game was 7-0 with 5 minutes left in the half. Palestine found a way to give up 21 points in 5 minutes, and when the two teams came out after halftime, you could tell Palestine was done trying to win, their will had been broken.

Palestine was beat up in the air by Fairfield, but held larry rose in check. Palestine has given up big rushing games to Athens and Chapel Hill.

I think Palestine is just a decent team that is inconsistent. They have good talent at RB and on the Oline, but have no passing game to speak of right now. The defense has not been able to stop any of the better offenses they have played.

Jasper and Palestine are probably mirror images of eachother except Jasper has shown the abilty to get jacked up and ready for the big game with Carthage, where as Palestine outside of maybe the Athens game, has not competed well with top tier teams.

It will be close I think

Yessir!!!!!!!!!!! We will be waiting.. But I will take Jasper in a close one ...31-28

I saw Jasper last month against Carthage. Haven't seen Palestine this year, but saw them in the playoffs last year and was impressed.

I suspect the talent is fairly equal between the two teams. They both have the athletes that make them capable of winning a playoff game. They both have weaknesses that make them beatable (along with most everybody else).

Although Jasper seems to have had turnover problems this year, for Palestine to come back from the beating they took last Friday night in the district championship game with a win this week isn't something I see happening.

The powerful Jasper running back will be too much for the Wildcats. Jasper wins this one...and probably one more before West Orange-Stark sends them to the basketball court.

I saw Jasper last month against Carthage. Haven't seen Palestine this year, but saw them in the playoffs last year and was impressed.

I suspect the talent is fairly equal between the two teams. They both have the athletes that make them capable of winning a playoff game. They both have weaknesses that make them beatable (along with most everybody else).

Although Jasper seems to have had turnover problems this year, for Palestine to come back from the beating they took last Friday night in the district championship game with a win this week isn't something I see happening.

The powerful Jasper running back will be too much for the Wildcats. Jasper wins this one...and probably one more before West Orange-Stark sends them to the basketball court.

#36 alone is worth the price of admission. Had almost 300 yards against Carthage. Reportedly weighs 250 pounds. He was around 230 last year I heard. And has good enough speed to break 90 yard TD runs. And he has a UT commit clearing a path for him. After Palestine's experience with Fairfield, I am curious to see how they react to Jasper's main weapons. It will be a good benchmark for how good Jasper really is. They had their game with West Orange-Stark rained out so they lost that test. I hope they do get another shot at WO-S.

You are right. Turnovers have been Jasper's biggest problem. If they eliminate those ........

#36 alone is worth the price of admission. Had almost 300 yards against Carthage. Reportedly weighs 250 pounds. He was around 230 last year I heard. And has good enough speed to break 90 yard TD runs. And he has a UT commit clearing a path for him. After Palestine's experience with Fairfield, I am curious to see how they react to Jasper's main weapons. It will be a good benchmark for how good Jasper really is. They had their game with West Orange-Stark rained out so they lost that test. I hope they do get another shot at WO-S.

You are right. Turnovers have been Jasper's biggest problem. If they eliminate those ........

If they eliminate those, their defense is still a problem, from what I saw last month.

If they eliminate those, their defense is still a problem, from what I saw last month.

That is probably true about the defense, but they did stop Carthage inside the 5 yard line twice in the first quarter? How often does that happen?

From what I have read you cannot stop Carthage; the best you can hope to do is slow them down. Possibly the best offense in Texas? They have a strong passing attack and at least as strong a runner as Jasper. Yes, Carthage scored close to their norm; but it seemed to me that they had to work a bit for those scores. Without question, Carthage was the strongest team that Jasper has played this year. I think the Jasper coaches used the game as a clinic for teaching as much as they did a district game. The game had no consequences for the playoffs. Now that the playoffs are here we might see a higher level of play. The teams that make long runs in the playoffs are the ones that continue to improve. Only time will tell about that for Jasper. And good luck to Carthage!

The biggest question for this game to me is can Jasper get it going early. If they get out to a quick start, Palestine may be mentally in the gutter.

Palestine up until the Fairfield game looked like a team that could make it 2-3 rounds. They had the big loss to Chapel Hill, but we knew that injuries had taken a toll. This Fairfield loss though was just huge. I also think the kids gave up after playing a pretty good first half outside of the last 3-4 minutes.

Big game for both programs, a loss I believe for either school would be seen as a step back.

Something tells me that Jasper and Palestine are a lot like each other - this is probably a pick 'em. Unfortunately, Jasper hasn't been able to get the passing game going. So, a team that loads the box and stops the run against us will likely win.