JASPER vs. PALESTINE

JasperDawg

Navasota is Division I..

College Station didn't participate in district play which leaves Navasota and Taylor as the two largest schools in a 5 team district. The two other qualifiers are Rockdale as the Division II #1 seed and Madisonville.

Jasper is one of those teams that will probably surprise a lot of people. They started the season off with high hopes.. Played some teams pretty close or even losing some games that where head scratchers, like losing to a (6-4) Orangefield team (both WOS and Silsbee blew the Bobcats out) and 2A Kirbyville and as I mentioned earlier, barely beating a second year program in College Station.

As you stated JasperDawg may have overstated things, which I agree. Palestine is still a good team. Don't underestimate the Wildcats.

Jasper wasn't the only team to barely beat College Station. At least the Dawgs won it in regulation. Gonzales (another 6-4 playoff team) had to go to overtime to beat CSHS.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jasper wasn't the only team to barely beat College Station. At least the Dawgs won it in regulation. Gonzales (another 6-4 playoff team) had to go to overtime to beat CSHS.

New schools can be down right scary. It seems there is always one that takes off toward a long run in the playoffs. It will not surprise me if they are salty next year when they play their first varsity schedule.

Something tells me that Jasper and Palestine are a lot like each other - this is probably a pick 'em. Unfortunately, Jasper hasn't been able to get the passing game going. So, a team that loads the box and stops the run against us will likely win.

They will have to load the box AND tackle a tank to stop the run!

I just hope that Palestine comes out and plays their best football. 2 weeks in a row, Palestine has not played the way they can play. I don't think they could beat Fairfield ever, but they should of played at a higher level then what we saw. Against Mexia they had an off night, and maybe that should of given us a heads up that something was wrong.

Palestine is just very inconsistent. I think they have enough talent to match Jasper. I think Coach Angel has done a heck of a job here in Palestine. I just hope this is the year we finally have some post season success. It has been since 2006 to see a playoff win for the Wildcats.

Jasper is a good football team, and I hope we see a great game.

No one from College Station is making such predictions as some from Jasper are either.

And, are we talking about the same Gonzales team that lost to a 1-9 Smithville team? LOL, good way to make your team look good.

No one from College Station is making such predictions as some from Jasper are either.

And, are we talking about the same Gonzales team that lost to a 1-9 Smithville team? LOL, good way to make your team look good.

There is no debate here really in my mind. Jasper stunk it up good earlier in the year. By that I mean I do not think they came close to living up to their potential. They seem to be getting better lately. Friday night hopefully will be a better test.

There is no debate here really in my mind. Jasper stunk it up good earlier in the year. By that I mean I do not think they came close to living up to their potential. They seem to be getting better lately. Friday night hopefully will be a better test.

You're right. It's definitely not how you start but how you finish.. As I pointed out earlier, Jasper could be one of those teams that you will have to watch out for.. The talent is there based on pre season.. Maybe the Bulldogs can get on a roll and surprise some of those top teams...

I hate my alma mater and I'm pulling for a 90-0 @$$ spanking by Bellville. Just pointing out that CS is a pretty good team despite only having JRs. and SOPHs. on the roster.

I hate my alma mater and I'm pulling for a 90-0 @$$ spanking by Bellville. Just pointing out that CS is a pretty good team despite only having JRs. and SOPHs. on the roster.

Good post. Is there some rule someplace that you have to be a senior to be "good". Tell that to the Carthage offense last year. I hear they returned EVERY starter this year so I guess that they must have been playing juniors and down. How far did they go? Semi's?

Good post. Is there some rule someplace that you have to be a senior to be "good". Tell that to the Carthage offense last year. I hear they returned EVERY starter this year so I guess that they must have been playing juniors and down. How far did they go? Semi's?

No, but you do have to be a varsity team and compete in district to go to the playoffs. CS would be in the playoffs easily if they weren't a JV team. I think they would've finished 2nd to Navasota in their district.

Wow, this is the big day. Even bigger for me. Just found out late yesterday that I am closing on my new home in Palestine at 3 pm. So I will arrive at SFA a little later than I wanted but I will be there would not miss it for the world. To my Cats players. Believe in yourselves, Believe in your team mates. If you fall behind keep battling and never give up. You set a goal before the season and just reaching the playoffs was not it. It is all right in front of you now. All the sweat and the 2-a-day August heat was for this moment. Lets go out and show everyone what this team is all about. The sticker on your Helmet is not just any sticker. Its truth. tPw.

It's good to see that the Palestine fans are optimistic about their chances in this game, but imo. I think Jasper will make it as far as the Regional game and most likely play West Orange

Thank u for the vote of confidence. And congratulations to Jasper OL Terrell Cuney for being selected to the Army all star game in San Antonio. Is it an omen? The last time Jasper had a player selected to this national team they made it to the State Semifinals.

Good luck to both teams!

Going to be some good lineman playing tonight. Cuney committed to Texas, Thlang committed to UL-Monroe, both very good players.

I think the story of the night will be Palestine stopping the RB for Jasper. Can they stop him? If they can not it will be hard for them to win.