JASPER vs. PALESTINE

JasperDawg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to Jasper. They won fair and square. It was heartbreaking to see that snap come early and sail over Clark's shoulder. To be honest I was stunned. with 3 timeouts and 2:02 left in the game I felt we were primed to get the game winning TD. Instead it swung the other way and Jasper put the game away with a 3rd and 15 TD play. I do have a question about something that happened in the second half. It did not affect the game but it could have. Cats downed a punt on I believe the 2. Jasper was called for illegal procedure. They moved the ball back, then waved off the penalty and moved the ball back to the original line of scrimmage, which meant the play stood. It should have been 2nd down and it was but after a Palestine stop for no gain they kept it at second down. Palestine held for 4 plays and they punted on the 5th. That was bizarre. As I said it had no outcome on the game what so ever, just wondering how that transpired. Good luck next week Jasper. To my Cats. You gave it all you had. No shame, it hurts but keep your head up. I am proud of each and every one of you.

Hats off to Jasper. They won fair and square. It was heartbreaking to see that snap come early and sail over Clark's shoulder. To be honest I was stunned. with 3 timeouts and 2:02 left in the game I felt we were primed to get the game winning TD. Instead it swung the other way and Jasper put the game away with a 3rd and 15 TD play. I do have a question about something that happened in the second half. It did not affect the game but it could have. Cats downed a punt on I believe the 2. Jasper was called for illegal procedure. They moved the ball back, then waved off the penalty and moved the ball back to the original line of scrimmage, which meant the play stood. It should have been 2nd down and it was but after a Palestine stop for no gain they kept it at second down. Palestine held for 4 plays and they punted on the 5th. That was bizarre. As I said it had no outcome on the game what so ever, just wondering how that transpired. Good luck next week Jasper. To my Cats. You gave it all you had. No shame, it hurts but keep your head up. I am proud of each and every one of you.

There was no play because the referee had not declared the ball ready for play. I know it was tough to hear at times last night, especially when the R's back was to you. I was down on the sidelines and had trouble hearing at times.

Going to be some good lineman playing tonight. Cuney committed to Texas, Thlang committed to UL-Monroe, both very good players.

I think the story of the night will be Palestine stopping the RB for Jasper. Can they stop him? If they can not it will be hard for them to win.

PHS did an okay job in the first half, but it seemed that Jasper just came out in that 2nd half determined to expose something on the right side of PHS's defensive line. And expose it, they did.

There was no play because the referee had not declared the ball ready for play. I know it was tough to hear at times last night, especially when the R's back was to you. I was down on the sidelines and had trouble hearing at times.

that group of officials that called that game last night imo was the ABSOLUTE WORST i have ever seen. not one or two but several calls that were made were absolut game changers for both teams at times. then the head refs so called explanations of some of them was the dumbest i have ever heard. lol so if u didnt hear some of them trust me be glad because u would have been ,like "WHAT?!?!" hopefully they are done for the year

By the way #8 Luckett...........i give that young man alot of credit because if he has pulled as much of the workload all year that he did last night woo wee he has endured alot of saturday morning lumps!! i cant recall at the moment is he a senior this year or will u guys have the fortune of getting him back for another year? i love all my Dawgs but already the past few games i have been getting more and more dis appointed that come next year my favorite Dawgs to watch play (they all been; on varsity at least 2-3 years) is of course the obvioous...... all the Cuney boys but #23 deodrick hadnot has been a blast to see on the field......that young man can and has done it all for the DAWGS on the playing field. yeah is not very tall but i would take eleven players like him a nytime!!

that group of officials that called that game last night imo was the ABSOLUTE WORST i have ever seen. not one or two but several calls that were made were absolut game changers for both teams at times. then the head refs so called explanations of some of them was the dumbest i have ever heard. lol so if u didnt hear some of them trust me be glad because u would have been ,like "WHAT?!?!" hopefully they are done for the year

U must of not been at the Carthage /jasper game if u think that of course all the calls went yalls way so you prolly didn't think it was bad

U must of not been at the Carthage /jasper game if u think that of course all the calls went yalls way so you prolly didn't think it was bad

LOL. yep i sure was there in my season ticket seat i have had for years. .........so all the calls were for us uh? Jasper 10 penalties for 90 yards and a player ejected from the game. carthage 11 penalties for 120. which in all reality no matter who playing 21 penalties in a 48 minute game is absolutly to many for two teams to have! that said things werent quiet as lopsided as u made it out to be. when in all reality the Dawgs come oout that night and punched u guys square in the mouth and jumped out two scores while goal line standing yall twice ! and both of those things are not things u guys are used to and/or does it happen often at all by anyone becasue ur bulldogs are and have been a very talented well coached team.........my point being our boys were so "hyped " that night to play yall and gave a much different game than anyone expected it to be ! and i give credit where it is due..... your guys faced adversity and handled well by come back and beating us by two scores.

Actually that has been the one problem for the offense this year is punching it in once inside the ten I bet we have been stopped prolly ten times this year inside the five maybe more we need to borrow the cunney kid for a goal line back

Actually, Cuney is good from anywhere on the field.

44-34 Jasper final

Even though Jasper won this game, I've feel I should at least have a small bowl of crow cause I wasn't expecting Palestine to hang with the Bulldogs. Way to leave it all on the field.

Ditto. I though Jasper would easily score 50. Scored 44 but not easily. Palestine brought it to the Dogs all night long. Strange finish. Jasper was fortunate to leave with the victory. Palestine thanks for the challenge! Jasper needed it; other than Carthage they were not challenged in district. This will help J going forward. I see that J plays LaVaga in Palestine Friday at 7:30. I hope you Palestine fans can come to the game.