Garrison vs New Diana

baseballcoach

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to disagree with you guys who said it was a great game by both teams. New Diana played with more emotion and determination than Garrison and it was evident. I am glad we won but sure hate to see New Diana's seniors go out that way. If Garrison wants any chance of winning next week against Centerville...they better show up like they want to be there. There was no intensity ..no sense of urgency whatsoever and play was sloppy from the get go. Hats of to New Diana's kids and staff on a successful season.

I am going to disagree with you guys who said it was a great game by both teams. New Diana played with more emotion and determination than Garrison and it was evident. I am glad we won but sure hate to see New Diana's seniors go out that way. If Garrison wants any chance of winning next week against Centerville...they better show up like they want to be there. There was no intensity ..no sense of urgency whatsoever and play was sloppy from the get go. Hats of to New Diana's kids and staff on a successful season.

So your saying that Garrison beat ND without really trying and that they better play better when they match up against a good team? Is there a such thing as backhanded class?

Not what i am saying at all. If you sat on the Garrison side you could tell something was " off " . Garrison is lucky to get out of there with a win. ND played a very good game..ran harder..hit harder..played harder. I don't know how i am not giving them the respect they deserve?

Not what i am saying at all. If you sat on the Garrison side you could tell something was " off " . Garrison is lucky to get out of there with a win. ND played a very good game..ran harder..hit harder..played harder. I don't know how i am not giving them the respect they deserve?

I guess it just sounds strange to say the losing team played harder.

By far the worst offensive game Garrison has played all year. Too many mistakes, penalties and turnovers. They shot themselves in the foot time after time. The defense played pretty well but the offense was horrible. If they play like this again next week, they will be breaking out the basketballs early. ND played with a lot of heart and emotion, Garrison just couldn't seem to get it going. After the interception in the end zone by ND, instead of going up by 14 the offense just sputtered through most of the rest of the game.

Man now that I put my heart back together I'll give my 2 cents. First, my prediction was way off. ND won the turnover battle but still lost due to Garrisons stifling defense. That's not the best game ND has played all year but it was a clean, sound game. This game kept me on edge all night and I just now realized I have no fingernails left. I'm a little heartbroken that we lost but not bitter or anything. Garrison is a great team and ND had a pretty good year, definitely nothing to hang their heads about. Good luck to the dawgs moving forward and hard off the the eagles and staff. Now I can't decide if I wanna watch Waskom or HS.

Is that not possible?

It is possible and is pretty much what happened. Garrison should have been up 21-0 at halftime. ND probably would have not scored at all without the Dawg's offense spitting and sputtering and turning the ball over time and again creating a short field for ND.