Gladewater Bears vs Canton Eagles

Baller23

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greatest asset is so funny. How many kids have quit in the last three years do to all the tearing down and cussing that goes. What team in 4 years has he stopped that was any good. Not one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is supposed to be a defense guru, yet its only the offense that ever gives them a chance to win.

I think if Gladewater can hold on to the ball they will win comfortably. It might take the entire Canton offensive line to block Daylon Mack.

Lol. I give it to him the dude is a stud, a beast!!

But he & entire D line came in against Athens hyped by all the people & got shut down by Athens O-line. I was impressed!!

But in this case you might be right!!

any defense coach that teaches his interior defense linemen to dive in at the offense linemen's feet every play and expects his linebackers to make all the tackles isn't a defense guru. Last week Van's offense lineman just laid down on them and held them where they were. Van should not even had to wash their linemen's uniforms i doubt if they ever worked up a sweat. this is Canton's biggest problem the defense and how they are coached. easttexasfan1 you hit the nail right on the head. as always one and done in the playoffs. will not improve until better coaching comes to Canton. I just hope Gladewater doesn't hurt our quarterback he is a great player.

any defense coach that teaches his interior defense linemen to dive in at the offense linemen's feet every play and expects his linebackers to make all the tackles isn't a defense guru. Last week Van's offense lineman just laid down on them and held them where they were. Van should not even had to wash their linemen's uniforms i doubt if they ever worked up a sweat. this is Canton's biggest problem the defense and how they are coached. easttexasfan1 you hit the nail right on the head. as always one and done in the playoffs. will not improve until better coaching comes to Canton. I just hope Gladewater doesn't hurt our quarterback he is a great player.

The few times they didn't dive into their legs they were driven back into the linebackers. At least they served some purpose clogging a gap at the LOS.

if Canton's coach wanted to clog up the line of scrimmage he should have some of the 250 lb plus players that are standing on the sidelines in the game. they would be a lot harder to move. he doesn't play anyone in the interior defense line that weighs over 175 lbs. they don't have a chance against any big strong offensive line. if you saw the game and I feel sure you did there was no way to see which team was the best coached and not by a small margin , Van should thank god every day for their coach and hope some of the bigger richer schools don't come calling. he is good enough to be coaching at the highest level of high school football. I hope you can keep him so Van Zandt county will have at least one good team each year. i'm sure Van doesn't want the Canton coach to leave as long as he stays Van won't have any problem with beating Canton. if I was the defense coach of any team that let one running back gain 301 yards rushing in one game I would be so embarrassed no one would have to release me I quit.