Winnsboro vs Redwater

BigRedFan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep the opposition guessing instead of knowing ahead of time the plays you are going to run.

I've been to a lot of state final games over the last decade. There are very few if any there that run this offense.

Most all run the spread in some form or the other. You can run from the spread too Red. I am not certain, but

I would say we run the ball, more than pass.

Thanks! I had confirmed with Lone Star Football Network that we played them in 98 and 99. Won both contests. It would have been Pinnell's first two years as Head Coach.

Half right. 99 was Pinnell's 1st year as head coach. 98 was at still under Doug Williams. Winnsboro played Redwater on homecoming in 98 and won 48-0. I was a senior then.

Hog, who are some guys that the Raiders will need to keep an eye on next week? Who makes you guys go?

The QB #15 makes the Offense go. He is also the place kicker. He has a big leg on him and usually puts the ball out of the end zone on kickoff. He tried for 3 long field goals last week and missed them all wide left. He had the distance. He is a smart kid and makes good decisions. #21 RB is a strong runner. You almost have to gang tackle him every play. He will usually make another 3 to 4 yards after first contact. He keeps his legs pumping

Defensively I would say they are a well rounded unit with no stand outs per se'. #15 plays safety and will make open field tackles....been doing it since he was a freshman on Varsity. #50 I think is a smart Linebacker that has good ball awareness and is always around the ball.

Everyone is right, RW just keeps pounding the ball at you. These kids play with all heart.

JV Coach

What is your take on the game? Have you seen either team?

I have not seen either team play this year but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so I will give it a shot. both teams will run the ball and play with heart. Both teams are well coached and the players have football IQ... the game will be over when most teams are going in for halftime because the clock will only stop if a player runs out of bounds... neither one of these teams could beat Dangerfield or Tatum but that is ok because they will call us boss when real life begins..neither one of those type of offenses will win state

3A Division I — Liberty Hill 38, Gilmer 13

2A Division I — Farmersville 27, Tatum 24 (OT) . talk about stirring a pot..... I am going with Winnsboro in a 33-27 type of game...

I have not seen either team play this year but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so I will give it a shot. both teams will run the ball and play with heart. Both teams are well coached and the players have football IQ... the game will be over when most teams are going in for halftime because the clock will only stop if a player runs out of bounds... neither one of these teams could beat Dangerfield or Tatum but that is ok because they will call us boss when real life begins..neither one of those type of offenses will win state

3A Division I Liberty Hill 38, Gilmer 13

2A Division I Farmersville 27, Tatum 24 (OT) . talk about stirring a pot..... I am going with Winnsboro in a 33-27 type of game...

Wow! I remember the LH/Gilmer state final. LH showed us all hot to run the wing T. Or was it the Slot-T. Don't matter they kicked butt

3A Division I — Liberty Hill 38, Gilmer 13

2A Division I — Farmersville 27, Tatum 24 (OT) . talk about stirring a pot..... I am going with Winnsboro in a 33-27 type of game...

Thanks for your input. I think that this game is really too close to call. I think whoever wants it more will win.

I'm excited every time I watch Redwater play. I find it very exciting when RW runs the ball behind 3 blockers in front gets hit and carries the ball another 5 yards.

+1. If I want to see a bunch of incomplete passes I will go watch 7 on 7. To each his own.

Thanks for your input. I think that this game is really too close to call. I think whoever wants it more will win.

I would not disagree

+1. If I want to see a bunch of incomplete passes I will go watch 7 on 7. To each his own.

Post of the week

I'm excited to see Winnsboro play as well. I have seen you post BRF, for a few years now, and I know you have tons of pride for your team. It sounds like we are in for a good game Friday. Redwater kids play with tons of heart. They have a good offensive system that has allowed them to be competitive with teams that have speed. I mean....we have DF and NB in our district and year in and year out they are a couple of the teams you have to "watch out for" even before the season starts. RW's defense is where I see the kids play with the most heart. The one advantage I can clearly give Winnsboro is that they have more playoff experience. I think to the RW community, there is still the shock and excitement that they are in the playoffs! RW has been real bad in the past.

I'm curious as to which team has had the tougher schedule. Redwater's wins are Mount Vernon, Prairiland, Hooks, Quitman, James Bowie. Losses to Daingerfield, New Boston, Queen City, Hughes Springs and White Oak. Other than QC, do I need to mention how dominating those teams have been? The funny thing is White Oak and HS beat RW worse than the two district foes.

RW's big problem is depth right now. In both the DF and NB games....RW hung with them the first half and let it slip away the second.

I have never seen WB play. My gut says WB takes this but I always think RW can win.