Pittsburg vs Wills Point

dlb441

Pitt kind of backed into the playoffs. Don't have much staying power

I wish we could say that we even backed into the playoffs. This team has really confused me. We have gotten worse and have not improved for several reasons. Some players have to step up and be leaders and take ownership in this team. Passing game is not real good and at times we look decent running the ball going north and south. OL has to do a better job holding their blocks.

Didn't Pitt finish in the same spot they have the last 3 years in their district, 4th? Difference of course being that this year 4 teams make it. I know when we played them a couple years ago they were a really good team in an extremely tough district. I'd have loved to see what they could've done had they taken 4 teams then. I have no doubt that Pitt will destroy Wills Point again like they have to begin the last 2 years, after that though it'll be tough sledding.

It is very difficult to change attitudes in about 8 months or so. The last 3 years there was no continuity within the coaching staff's that we had in the past. I hope that the players can come together by Friday. If we don't then it will be one and done.

You are so right. Last year's team went 2-8, winning 1 non-district and 1 district game.

While this year's team is only 4-6, there has been some improvement. It's incrementally harder to improve at the pace we were early with so many starters and key players out to injury. Five starters out for the year. One during 2 a days, one after the first scrimmage, two after the second game, and another after seventh game. Not counting the normal injuries and sickness which caused a couple others to miss games. I would say that we would still probably only be 6-4 with those guys, but the in the losses, I would hope that we would be more competitive. No excuses, it is what it is and everyone has injuries, it's just difficult to get to the level we want to with 8-9 sophs and a fresh starting or playing alot on the 3A level. Bodes well for the future hopefully! Also, I'm so proud of these Sr.s that have hung in there through the rough times. This is the first time Pitt has been in the playoffs since they entered high school!

You are so right. Last year's team went 2-8, winning 1 non-district and 1 district game.

While this year's team is only 4-6, there has been some improvement. It's incrementally harder to improve at the pace we were early with so many starters and key players out to injury. Five starters out for the year. One during 2 a days, one after the first scrimmage, two after the second game, and another after seventh game. Not counting the normal injuries and sickness which caused a couple others to miss games. I would say that we would still probably only be 6-4 with those guys, but the in the losses, I would hope that we would be more competitive. No excuses, it is what it is and everyone has injuries, it's just difficult to get to the level we want to with 8-9 sophs and a fresh starting or playing alot on the 3A level. Bodes well for the future hopefully! Also, I'm so proud of these Sr.s that have hung in there through the rough times. This is the first time Pitt has been in the playoffs since they entered high school!

+1

You are so right. Last year's team went 2-8, winning 1 non-district and 1 district game.While this year's team is only 4-6, there has been some improvement. It's incrementally harder to improve at the pace we were early with so many starters and key players out to injury. Five starters out for the year. One during 2 a days, one after the first scrimmage, two after the second game, and another after seventh game. Not counting the normal injuries and sickness which caused a couple others to miss games. I would say that we would still probably only be 6-4 with those guys, but the in the losses, I would hope that we would be more competitive. No excuses, it is what it is and everyone has injuries, it's just difficult to get to the level we want to with 8-9 sophs and a fresh starting or playing alot on the 3A level. Bodes well for the future hopefully! Also, I'm so proud of these Sr.s that have hung in there through the rough times. This is the first time Pitt has been in the playoffs since they entered high school!

There's no doubt we are playing a varsity season with a lot of underclass man . The things that bother me the most are leadership, playing as a team and just being a lot more aggressive on both sides of the ball. You can play with passion and the expectation of winning no matter what level you play....this Friday I want to see us play with reckless abandon. Let loose and play to win.

I'm hearing Friday, in Longview......any truth to this?

Know more tomorrow...last I heard (I am old & hear badly...ask my wife), Traylor said we were at TMF for next two Thursdays, if we are fortunate enough to win...Personally, I would like to see us play Pitt...kinda old home week thingey...know nothing about Willis Point accept saw 'em last year against Atlanta in Longview...kinda ugly