If A&M wins their last two games

h-town12

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Johnny puts up stats like he did against Bama and auburn, does this earn him another heisman? Or will voters never have another 2 time winner?

Largely depends upon Winston and Petty. If they both lose, Manziel may have it.

Manziel has completed a number of circus plays. Many of which his receivers have bailed him out. The number that jumps out at me is his 11 interceptions. Sometimes interceptions are not the fault of the quarterback, but in Manziel's case I think most are on him. He could easily have a half dozen more. Petty by constrast has only thrown 1.

Also I think McCarron has had a better year. Not as stylish, but just wins. If Petty is penalized for a loss, then Manziel should be held accountable for his two losses.

If FSU finishes undefeated, Winston will be your Heisman winner.

Right now I'm inviting McCarron, Manziel, Mariota and Winston to NY.

Honestly, Mike Evans should go over Manziel. Guy has made Manziel a thrower this season.

Manziel not getting to play for a CC is going to cost him a repeat.

McCarron has been outstanding as a leader and game manager.

Petty will have to do better than he did against OU to win a Heisman.

I don't think the term game manager should ever be used for a heisman winner. Sure, McCarron is good, but he is most definitely not the best player in college football. And he doesn't deserve the award for being on the best team.

Winston has been awesome and is very deserving. He looked very pedestrian last week though.

Each of top guys have some knocks too. Mariota has a lot of fumbles and a low completion percentage, Johnny has his interceptions, etc.

I don't think the term game manager should ever be used for a heisman winner. Sure, McCarron is good, but he is most definitely not the best player in college football. And he doesn't deserve the award for being on the best team.

Winston has been awesome and is very deserving. He looked very pedestrian last week though.

Each of top guys have some knocks too. Mariota has a lot of fumbles and a low completion percentage, Johnny has his interceptions, etc.

I agree with you 100% on McCarron.

Personally, I think the top three are...

Winston

Manziel

Petty

In that order.

I'd call Peyton Manning a game manager. He's certainly outstanding. McCarron makes the plays he needs to make, the correct reads and very rarely costs his team a possession or negative play. McCarron is a manager, but why is that always a bad thing? QB guru Georgie Whitfield said people that call McCarron a game manager are correct and it's the best compliment a QB can get.

I'm not launching a McCarron campaign, but what would you say is not outstanding about him? Going to knock him because he doesn't have a first round WR catching balls throw behind and over his head and turning a 5 yard screen into a 50 yard gain? Or that he doesn't run the ball? Why is being the perfect pocket QB and perfect game manager not outstanding?

He has the best game of the QBs on the field in his biggest games this season against Manziel and Mettenburger. Again, what is the knock against McCarron?

I'd call Peyton Manning a game manager. He's certainly outstanding. McCarron makes the plays he needs to make, the correct reads and very rarely costs his team a possession or negative play. McCarron is a manager, but why is that always a bad thing? QB guru Georgie Whitfield said people that call McCarron a game manager are correct and it's the best compliment a QB can get.

I'm not launching a McCarron campaign, but what would you say is not outstanding about him? Going to knock him because he doesn't have a first round WR catching balls throw behind and over his head and turning a 5 yard screen into a 50 yard gain? Or that he doesn't run the ball? Why is being the perfect pocket QB and perfect game manager not outstanding?

He has the best game of the QBs on the field in his biggest games this season against Manziel and Mettenburger. Again, what is the knock against McCarron?

I don't even know what this post says as I quit reading after you called Peyton Manning a game manager, lol!

Ya seriously about Manning lol

You can play the take away a player game with everyone. Take Yeldon away and who knows how good the Bama offense will be. Watching the game yesterday I never went "wow without McCarron Bama has no chance".

Managing the game, to me, means you do enough to keep your team from losing.

Winston, Johnny, and Petty would be my order right now too.

Ya seriously about Manning lol

You can play the take away a player game with everyone. Take Yeldon away and who knows how good the Bama offense will be. Watching the game yesterday I never went "wow without McCarron Bama has no chance".

Managing the game, to me, means you do enough to keep your team from losing.

Winston, Johnny, and Petty would be my order right now too.

Well managing doesnt have to be a negative thing. I don't mean it in that way.

Why isn't Manning a manager? Because he makes difficult throws when asked to? I'd said manning is the best game manager in football. It isn't a bad thing. It's a great thing.

Instead of telling me you have a different definition, tell me what McCarron does wrong. Why is Manziel outstanding for taking risks and sometimes coming up big and other times causing his team points but McCarron gets no respect for doing nothing but perfecting his job and winning games.

Fact is, McCarron makes plays to win games and give his players the best chance to make plays. That is the job of a QB and he's outstanding at it.

Also, without Manziel, there is plenty talent at A&M for a QB to succeed. Without Evans or elite offensive linemen, how good would A&Ms offense be?

Well managing doesnt have to be a negative thing. I don't mean it in that way.

Why isn't Manning a manager? Because he makes difficult throws when asked to? I'd said manning is the best game manager in football. It isn't a bad thing. It's a great thing.

Instead of telling me you have a different definition, tell me what McCarron does wrong. Why is Manziel outstanding for taking risks and sometimes coming up big and other times causing his team points but McCarron gets no respect for doing nothing but perfecting his job and winning games.

Fact is, McCarron makes plays to win games and give his players the best chance to make plays. That is the job of a QB and he's outstanding at it.

Also, without Manziel, there is plenty talent at A&M for a QB to succeed. Without Evans or elite offensive linemen, how good would A&Ms offense be?

C'mom saw, you know I respect all of your opinions, but I think you need to look up what it means to be a 'game manager', lol.

McCarron is a good game manager because bamas run game is near unstoppable. Never said anything was wrong with being a GM, but they shouldn't win heisman trophies. They don't go to guys who just run offenses effectively.

There has been several games where McCarron didn't eclipse the 200 yard mark and his team still won by several touchdowns.

I always hate the excuse about how Johnny has the best receiver in the country to throw it to as well. Of course he will sling it his way more often. He should.

C'mom saw, you know I respect all of your opinions, but I think you need to look up what it means to be a 'game manager', lol.

Why is it a bad thing when done so perfectly? He makes plays when needed, outside of that, he flawlessly conducts Bamas offense.

McCarron is a good game manager because bamas run game is near unstoppable. Never said anything was wrong with being a GM, but they shouldn't win heisman trophies. They don't go to guys who just run offenses effectively.

There has been several games where McCarron didn't eclipse the 200 yard mark and his team still won by several touchdowns.

I always hate the excuse about how Johnny has the best receiver in the country to throw it to as well. Of course he will sling it his way more often. He should.

Umm Andrew Luck was a runner up 2 years and was far more a manager than McCarron.

It's not an excuse Manziel has Evans, but you can't act like that isn't a huge boost to his own stats having a guy like that. You can't knock McCarron for Bamas run game and then act like Evans does nothing for Manziel. His YPC says it all.

Why is it a bad thing when done so perfectly? He makes plays when needed, outside of that, he flawlessly conducts Bamas offense.

A game manager is someone who can do just enough to help their team keep winning without producing big time stats like passing yards and TD's.

Andre Luck was not a game manager.

Manziel is certainly not a game manager.

And Peyton Manning is most definitely not a game manager.

Again, that's your defintion. Like I said, George Whitfield, who knows a lot more about QBs than anyone on this board and more than almost everyone in CFB or the NFL defined it as recently as Saturday as one of the best things a QB can be and the ultimate compliment. We can debate the defintion of a game manager and Evans impact forever. What part of McCarrons game isn't outstanding?

Again, that's your defintion. Like I said, George Whitfield, who knows a lot more about QBs than anyone on this board and more than almost everyone in CFB or the NFL defined it as recently as Saturday as one of the best things a QB can be and the ultimate compliment. We can debate the defintion of a game manager and Evans impact forever. What part of McCarrons game isn't outstanding?

That's not just 'my' definition. That's the definition of what it means when describing a QB.

If you are meaning it in another way, then that would be 'your' defenition.

His stat line.

So a QB has to play in a up-tempo, high risk offense to be considered for the Heisman? As much as Manziel and Mariota have done in their team'swins, look at the losses. Manziel's two picks against BAMA cost them the game. McCarron made perfect throws all day long to keep his team in it. And don't get me started on Mariota. That whole team folded up when Stanford hit them in the mouth, so no one from Oregon deserves to be on the list. Softies need not apply.

Well, you are only called a game manager when you are winning. I don't hear that term ever for losers. Game managers get it done when it needs to be done.

Exactly. If you're barely doing enough to keep your team from losing I wouldng call you a manager. You're not managing anything. A game manager is someone who is in control and dictates the tempo or the game through his offense. I'd say it's more outstanding to do that to perfection then to just gamble every other play.

You can be a good QB AND win without being a game manager. See Manziel.

My order of Heisman nominees right now:

(1) Famous Jamieus

(2) Autograph is Worthless now Manziel

(3) Bryce dont call me Tom Petty.

I hate to say that Manziel can't win this because he can, but its a long shot. LSU is no longer a quality win this season and I doubt Missouri proves to be a quality win either. You aren't exactly playing 2 respected defenses (this year) to gain some love from the voters.