If A&M wins their last two games

h-town12

I am a bit older than the average poster, but in the 50+/- years I have followed the Heisman - it seems a player is knocked out of he Heisman race because a player's team lost one of their last 5 games.

Hey grandpa, how did Joe Montana look in college? j/k.

And I looked up the past 10 years or so of Heisman winners, and I believe you are correct. I thought RG3 would be an exception to that in 2011, but Baylor won their final 5 games. One of them against #5 Oklahoma.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey grandpa, how did Joe Montana look in college? j/k.

And I looked up the past 10 years or so of Heisman winners, and I believe you are correct. I thought RG3 would be an exception to that in 2011, but Baylor won their final 5 games. One of them against #5 Oklahoma.

All goes back to "what have you don't for me lately"

Ok, well then Mariota is out of the race if that is the case....

So then if losing takes you out of the race, does winning push you ahead?

I believe the Aggies will lose another game still, so take Manziel out...

So Winston, Petty or McCarron?

They wanted to run the football because they had already stretched the defense and worn them down. Look at the passes AJ did throw in the second half of that game. They were on the $$ to partially covered receivers. There were none wide open, but he still made it work. They kept LSUs D off balance, prevented them from stacking the LOS, and made a statement with their run game. I know the idea of BAMA winning the Heisman AND the NC in the same year just makes you guys sick, but ask yourself this: would FSU and Famous Jamous (sp?) be unbeaten right now had they played A&M and LSU?

Yes. No defense on either team this year.

Again, look up the meaning that is meant by the term when used by any and every commentator when watching a game. There is a reason you have never heard a commentator refer to Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, or Tom Brady as a game manager. There IS a reason why you've heard them call QB's like Alex Smith and Ben Roethlisberger game managers.

But I am pretty sure that I said winning is a requirement.

So u are saying that you dont think Montana, Marino, Aikman, Young and Elway were Game Managers. And that Favre was. C'MON MAN!!! Those four you mentioned won games just like the others have. Manning is one of the greatest QBs to play the game and I have never liked him even when he was at Tennessee which by the way he never won a Heisman either. He was beat by Ricky Williams and Ryan Leaf. So Game Managers dont win Heismans anymore they go to stat getters.

So u are saying that you dont think Montana, Marino, Aikman, Young and Elway were Game Managers. And that Favre was. C'MON MAN!!! Those four you mentioned won games just like the others have. Manning is one of the greatest QBs to play the game and I have never liked him even when he was at Tennessee which by the way he never won a Heisman either. He was beat by Ricky Williams and Ryan Leaf. So Game Managers dont win Heismans anymore they go to stat getters.

Umm, What?!

Game manager is a term used by commentators to describe a QB with limited talent on a successful team. A.J. McCarron does not fall in this category

Precisely!

Game manager is a term used by commentators to describe a QB that is not asked to do much, other than don't screw up.

Skill has nothing to do with it, other than less skilled tends to be game managers.

You just described Case McCoy, and I don't think Case McCoy is good enough to be called a game manager. He's fortunate enough to hand the ball off and occassionally connect with a WR that has gotten behind the defense. Oh... and he had that awesome run against the Aggies that looked like he was running from a group of attacking squirrels on ice that allowed UT to kick the game winning FG at Kyle Field. LOL!

You just described Case McCoy, and I don't think Case McCoy is good enough to be called a game manager. He's fortunate enough to hand the ball off and occassionally connect with a WR that has gotten behind the defense. Oh... and he had that awesome run against the Aggies that looked like he was running from a group of attacking squirrels on ice that allowed UT to kick the game winning FG at Kyle Field. LOL!

I don't think that describes McCoy at all. Texas is on a 6 game winning streak right not, but it's not because McCoy is 'managing' the games. Heck, the guy has thrown more int's than TD's over the last 5 games....how does that meet the definition of a 'game manager'?

The kid is a winner, despite Mack's attempt to Applewhite him.

I don't think that describes McCoy at all. Texas is on a 6 game winning streak right not, but it's not because McCoy is 'managing' the games. Heck, the guy has thrown more int's than TD's over the last 5 games....how does that meet the definition of a 'game manager'?

Case is not a manager at all. Hence what I'm getting at that a game manager is a good thing.