MavGrad's Week 12 Thoughts, Preview, and Typically Bad Predictions

Coach Rab

REGIONAL

Iowa State (1-8) at (18) Oklahoma (7-2)

It doesn't matter how pathetic OU's offense is/was/will be, it will not save the Cyclones from this defense looking for redemption. OU wins 24-3.

(12) Oklahoma State (8-1) at (24) Texas (7-2)

I like Oklahoma State, but the more time that goes by, I am leaning towards Texas. However, I have to go with my gut and think that OSU will have solid QB play in a 3 point win on the road.

TCU (4-6) at Kansas State (5-4)

I like Kansas State for many reasons. (1) Despite a rebuilding year, they still have a solid run game. (2) They still play solid defense. (3) They play hard (4) Bill Snyder. The only thing I think TCU has going for them is that if they can win this one, they set themselves up for a showdown with Baylor to finish at 6-6 and be bowl eligible. However, TCU's offense is pitiful this season. After 10 games, I am not even sure Gary Patterson would argue that. K State by 10.

Texas Tech (7-3) at (5) Baylor (8-0)

I think Texas Tech makes this interesting for a while. However, the game will become one-dimensional and Baylor will take advantage of that, like they did with OU. Baylor by A LOT.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NATIONAL

Ball State (9-1) at (15) Northern Illinois (9-0) -- WEDNESDAY GAME

So this is the main hurdle remaining to knock off BCS buster Northern Illinois. Ball State comes in with an impressive passing attack against a Northern Illinois Team with a very impressive running attack. I have to give my edge to Northern Illinois mainly because I feel like teams that run the ball take away some of the fire from passing teams with long drives and big runs.

(25) Georgia (6-3) at (7) Auburn (9-1)
I am somewhat surprised that UGA cracks the top 25 again this season. Although they got one of their stars back, they are still decimated. I think Auburn's 3 play playbook will be enough to beat UGA. Auburn by 13.
(4) Stanford (8-1) at USC (7-3)
I like this game a lot. Stanford is coming off a big win over Oregon. USC is on a 3 game winning streak and looks like they are grasping onto a gameplan that is working for them. This is my upset of the week. USC over Stanford in Overtime!

The Tech game will be closer than expected. Baylor still wins, but remember TT practices against that style offense.

I'd agree until they start running the rock with Lac he and Shock Linwood. Baylor incorporated a little bit of that diamond formation like Oklahoma and OK. State.

Tech has to score on every drive. Our defense is too banged up.

I'd agree until they start running the rock with Lac he and Shock Linwood. Baylor incorporated a little bit of that diamond formation like Oklahoma and OK. State.

Tech has to score on every drive. Our defense is too banged up.

I am wondering if Briles will ever put both of those guys in the backfield at the same time. Not that they have had trouble moving the ball and scoring, but Lache and Shock on the field together could be more trouble for the defenses.

I am wondering if Briles will ever put both of those guys in the backfield at the same time. Not that they have had trouble moving the ball and scoring, but Lache and Shock on the field together could be more trouble for the defenses.

I wouldn't like to use 1 to block like that other than pass protection.

Shock on a wheel and Lache on a screen same play would hurt.

Vegas line has Baylor beating us by 28. Might as well bring the lube.

Not to be a homer, but the later SEC games were awesome too. Day started off crappy this morning then took off for all the games

I quit watching the Auburn/UGA game because I thought Auburn had that one on lock early in the 3rd... little did I know...