OSU vs Texas

Coach0001

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes

Wait, weren't Miami and FSU in the Big East then.

Kinda sorta.

FSU was never in the Big East, but they weren't always in the ACC, They joined the ACC in 1991 (Mack Brown started at UNC in 1988). Miami joined the ACC in 2004. Mack never won the ACC, mostly because FSU was dominant, winning every year from 1992 til 2000.

bottom line is he wasn't good enough coach to ever win in a conference where he just as at Texas recruited the best talent and didn't win with it. UNC in those days had more players go to the NFL than nearly anyone. as far as the assistant coaches someone listed above he was the one who hand picked them and hired them. that made him even a worse coach because hiring good assistants is next in importance to recruiting good talent which no one can say Mack hasn't done. he had his choice of Texas's best talent up until Texas got so bad and now since A&M has went to the SEC I believe they are getting better talent and much better coaching. he will be gone after this season let him retire and go out remembered as a coach who won Texas a national championship which only one other coach ever did.

I believe Brown pulling Swoops redshirt for those few plays when the games outcome was already decided is an indication Brown has already been told by the new AD he will not be back next year. He wasted a full year of playing for that kid because he didn't want to leave the new coach a talent like that for 4 more years..

I 100% DISAGREE . I do not believe Mack Brown is that kind of a man. I think it is a simple as Ash will not return and he had to pull the redshirt and give him playing time in the event McCoy went down.

For the record, I think Texas is Brown's last stop.

I believe Brown pulling Swoops redshirt for those few plays when the games outcome was already decided is an indication Brown has already been told by the new AD he will not be back next year. He wasted a full year of playing for that kid because he didn't want to leave the new coach a talent like that for 4 more years. he will not want whoever comes in and replaces him to be really successful the first year that will make him look even worse. he did a good job of recruiting for Texas for many years but has never been a very good coach. he was blessed with some good assistants for years that coached the team while he did the managing and recruiting but that is all a head coach in college has to do to be successful. Look at Dabo at Clemson now he is a clone of Mack Brown. He isn't really liked by many of Clemson's boosters either just like Brown isn't at Texas.

Swoopes played against TCU so it was already gone.