16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• Dallas Cowboys (5 - 5)
    • New York Giants (4 - 6)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressed with the Cowboys effort in enemy territory with bad weather conditions that obviously favored the Giants. Defense played about as well as they can although they gave up some serious ground yardage. Was glad that the Cowboys remained pretty much silent all week while the Gnats spent the whole week yapping their gums. Talk now big guys :)

You need a bigger tv! He clearly had possession and was clearly down before the ball even remotely moved. Once you are down, you are down. The review was warranted and flawed in this case.

I thought it was about as clear as it could be. Have NO idea why it wasn't even reviewed. That could have easily been the game changer. I'm a proponent of the replay rule, but it is so flawed & missused so many times (irrefutible evidence ####) that it needs to be junked.

I thought it was about as clear as it could be. Have NO idea why it wasn't even reviewed. That could have easily been the game changer. I'm a proponent of the replay rule, but it is so flawed & missused so many times (irrefutible evidence ####) that it needs to be junked.

That's the great thing about 1080 plasma! Sitting 5 or 6 ft. from it. It's hard to miss with the perfect camera angle they had on the play! Really laughable!

There ought to be a little investigation about the lack of review on that play. It could've ended up changing the outcome

Add to that investigation why they took away Andre Brown's fumble, and why Coughlin wasn't penalized for throwing a challenge flag on an unchallengable call, and why no penalty when Antrelle Rolle grabbed a ref.

He lost control of the ball when he hid the ground and slid to a stop. You can clearly se the loose ball under his body. No review required.

I didn't see that quite as clearly as you did, of course I am not as OLD as you are either....:) Looked like a clutch catch and throw to me...Refs blew it...replay blew it...Everybody blew it. Surprised Dez didn't raise a little more cain, that is the only thing that has me suspect...but the replay showed the ball out only after his knee was down and him laying on the ground. He was down and my understanding the ground can't cause a fumble.

Add to that investigation why they took away Andre Brown's fumble, and why Coughlin wasn't penalized for throwing a challenge flag on an unchallengable call, and why no penalty when Antrelle Rolle grabbed a ref.

Even though I don't remember seeing the part about a player touching or grabbing a ref. I believe what you say that it happen , but I just didn't see it. But I know the ref it happen to felt it. Why no flag?

Several years back, Parcells threw the red flag on an unchallengeable play. The Cowboys had a challenge charged to them AND lost a timeout. I dunno, maybe they've changed some of the challenge rules. Yesterday, they were set and ready for the next play when Coughlin threw the red challenge flag on the Beasley fumble that was nullified by the roughing the QB on Romo. They took ALOT of time during this fiasco with the red flag. You'd think that'd be at least a time out charged to NY.

Anyways, the Cowboys won yesterday DESPITE the refs.

Several years back, Parcells threw the red flag on an unchallengeable play. The Cowboys had a challenge charged to them AND lost a timeout. I dunno, maybe they've changed some of the challenge rules. Yesterday, they were set and ready for the next play when Coughlin threw the red challenge flag on the Beasley fumble that was nullified by the roughing the QB on Romo. They took ALOT of time during this fiasco with the red flag. You'd think that'd be at least a time out charged to NY.

Anyways, the Cowboys won yesterday DESPITE the refs.

The rules haven't changed. It is a Delay of Game penalty and you lose the timeout. Except Coughlin was allowed to get away with it, and when Garrett wanted an explanation, the refs blew him off.

There was also the play where #98 of the Giants tried to start a fight with our kicker.

And Eli again threw two intentional grounding balls and didn't get flagged. Par for the course.

Still mid season ... lets see what they look like down the stretch and into the playoffs ... this was only the Giants ...

It was a.) a division game, b.) against one of the hottest teams in the league (four straight wins) IN THEIR HOUSE and c.) a game we needed to win in order to keep up with the Eagles, so please....do not sell this game short for what it was. Romo came up HUGE, the defense stepped up by keeping the Giants down early, and...oh yeah...Romo came up HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a.) a division game, b.) against one of the hottest teams in the league (four straight wins) IN THEIR HOUSE and c.) a game we needed to win in order to keep up with the Eagles, so please....do not sell this game short for what it was. Romo came up HUGE, the defense stepped up by keeping the Giants down early, and...oh yeah...Romo came up HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

We will see how HUGE he comes up when the chips are all on the line .... History isn't on his side ..... :P

We will see how HUGE he comes up when the chips are all on the line .... History isn't on his side ..... :P

All the chips were on the line in that game. What you need to understand is the games that are happening right now shape up what will happen at the end of the year. 31 quarterbacks fall short each and every year when "all the chips are on the line"

All the chips were on the line in that game. What you need to understand is the games that are happening right now shape up what will happen at the end of the year. 31 quarterbacks fall short each and every year when "all the chips are on the line"

Oh he understands. He is just trying to get under our skin. People with common sense recognize that it was a big game and was a must win game.

Umm, the chips were on the line. Had Dallas lost the game, they would have been sitting in third place, behind the Eagles and Giants with the Raiders coming up today. 6-5 on a short week is a heckuva lot better than 5-6 on a short week. I know the game doesn't support your argument, leaving you to want to downplay it as much as possible. But had Dallas lost, you would have been the first to come on here and harp on Romo blowing "another" big game with the chips on the line.

I love how you want to have it both ways.

Must win ,,, :lol:

Unless Dallas wins, then it's just another meaningless game.