Redwater vs. Pottsboro

HogHater

Well,

I thought I'd start this topic since 5 seconds after victory, DF and NB started them a thread. :) I know Pottsboro is a respected and tough team every year. From what I understand, they resemble New Boston. One thing I have always liked about the playoffs is that you get to see other teams that you normally would never get to see play.

You would have to think that PB is heavily favored in this game. (10-1) record looks really good! RW seemed to do everything right against WB this past Friday.

Any insights on this game?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,

I thought I'd start this topic since 5 seconds after victory, DF and NB started them a thread. :) I know Pottsboro is a respected and tough team every year. From what I understand, they resemble New Boston. One thing I have always liked about the playoffs is that you get to see other teams that you normally would never get to see play.

You would have to think that PB is heavily favored in this game. (10-1) record looks really good! RW seemed to do everything right against WB this past Friday.

Any insights on this game?

They look nothing like New Boston. They don't have the skill players that NB has. They also don't have multiple offensive formations. They're based out of the spread and they stay that way. They have a really scrappy defense. I think Pottsboro wins this game

So they are a passing team? If they don't have the athletes that NB has, how do they stack up against RW? Do they just execute really well? RW held their own against NB for about 3 Qtrs and then fatigue set in. NB has a good team and so does DF. The scores were 26-7 and 28-7. RW will control that clock unless you can completely bottle them up. They are completely content to run 4 yards a pop!

Against WB I saw 3 RB's from RW have great success and that was #21, #20, and #18. #20 and #21 are brothers.

Defensively against WB, RW was more physical and laying heavier hits.

Redwater is a very disciplined well coached team. They do not make many mistakes and they will hit you and do not miss many tackles in space. I know that Pottsboro is also very disciplined and well coached so I really think that these teams match up better then most people think. I could be wrong, but I also think I will go to this game just to see how it goes.

Wildtigers,

Thanks for helping me be a positive voice for the Dragons. I'm proud of how far they have come in the past short years.

Being on a Thursday, I don't think I can make this one. I'm still going to try, but because of work Friday, it will be really tough. Redwater isn't very big either. #21 for RW runs very, very hard. If you don't stop him before he gets going, he's tough to bring down.

Make no bones about it, RW is going to run right at you, but before they do that, they will make you guess who's got the ball for about 2 seconds. RW's QB is the best athlete on the team and he makes his 'reads' very well.

Thanks, do not get me wrong I hate the offense, but I do not think that anyone I have seen runs it better then Redwater. I also like their linebackers, they are small but very quick and do not miss tackles. They frustrate teams that like to have the ball 10 plus times a game and they frustrate defenses and make them start taking chances. When they played Daingerfield and I saw them warming up with only 22 kids I felt sorry for them and then the game started and I saw how hard they played. It did no take long for them to earn my utmost respect. They have a great group of kids.

Pottsboro will run it a lot more than they will pass it. They have two QBs that play and they are much more likely to pass it with the Jr. in the game. They have a good receiver in Waller (#4) and a good RB in Flinn (#28).

You can see a few highlights on hudl, but not a ton of video.

I like Redwater's chances in this one. The Dragons battle their opponents to the end and probably kid for kid, the biggest hearts in D8AA. One other thing, don't let 'em have the ball. They are good at keeping you from getting it back.

Well, tomorrow is the game. I sure hope the Dragons have gotten some good practices in. I know they are run tested with DF and NB in the district. I hope their pass coverage has gotten better. From what I understand it was fairly decent against DF. I'm not trying to get the 1,000+ tiger fans on here to tell me me how RW isn't in DF's league or anything like that. I just want to know for those at the DF vs. RW game, how did RW do against the pass. I really feel that DF was the only real passing attack that RW has seen....other than WO.

My gut is telling me that Pottsboro is going to air it out often. I don't know why. I doubt RW will see the kind of runners that NB, DF, and HS brought to the table.

The Redwater defense did a very good job of getting pressure on the QB and did not allow much separation on the receivers. Daingerfield has not thrown as much this year as they have in the past, except against New Boston, but I thought Redwater held their own. I really think that this game will be a better game then most think, with redwater having a chance for the upset. I could be wrong and have been many times.

Again, I quit trying to predict games. I thought Miami was going to win over Duke and there was no way that Stanford was losing against USC. After saying that, I think DF wins this week. :) I am cheering for the district 8 teams. The only down side to DF winning and RW winning is that they have to play each other next.

Please no ugly comments about that possible match up. What would disappoint me if that were to happen, is just the fact that these two teams have seen each other. Part of my excitement for playoffs is playing someone that you would never normally get to play....to know nothing about one another.

Paris is a nice stadium. Redwater's is 0-1 there in the playoffs. 3 years ago, they lost there against Melissa in the first round. That was a close game. The Melissa QB was picking them apart.

Redwater has a chance to pull out the upset. The first quarter will set the tone of that Game for Redwater, If they come out flat their first couple of possesions air up the roundball.If its a touchdown or less seperating the two teams at the half Redwater takes the trophy at the 4 quarter Horn. And of course NO MISTAKES Dragons.

Redwater has a chance to pull out the upset. The first quarter will set the tone of that Game for Redwater, If they come out flat their first couple of possesions air up the roundball.If its a touchdown or less seperating the two teams at the half Redwater takes the trophy at the 4 quarter Horn. And of course NO MISTAKES Dragons.

RW doesn't have size or alot of speed. Coaching and heart goes a long way seems