Mavgrad's Week 13 Thoughts, Preview and Typically Bad Predictions

Coach Rab

I know I already mapped out all of our regional teams for the season on the SEC and Big XII threads, but for tradition sake, I figured I would finish out the season with the previews...

-------------------------------------------------------------

REGIONAL

(20) Oklahoma at Kansas State

I think OU finds some balance in this game and is able to pull a win out on the road. While the offense has been bad, OU still has something to prove to finish the season.

(12) Texas A&M at (22) LSU

While I hate picking against LSU, and as I said on the other thread... I am not sure that LSU's defense is good enough to slow down A&M's offense and I just find A&M's offense better than LSU. Giving A&M a slight edge in this one and will probably leave LSU unranked for the first time in a long time.

(4) Baylor at (10) Oklahoma State

Is Baylor good enough to win? Yes. I just find a few things working against them this week. (1) OSU is the first and only balanced team they have played this season. (2) I think we saw some chinks in the armor on Bryce Petty against OU last week and OSU will continue to try and build on that. (3) The game is on the road, a little extra incentive for OSU to win this one at home and stake claim to the Big XII title. OSU in a close one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NATIONAL

(19) Wisconsin at (25) Minnesota

Wisconsin is the better team, so I will go with them.

(17) Arizona State at (14) UCLA

I flipped a coin, and it said to go with the home team. UCLA by a late TD?

(8) Missouri at (24) Ole Miss

Ole Miss shows up ready to play. Wins it by 10.

Give me Baylor, ASU, and Missouri.

Ok State may be a bit more 'balanced' in terms of being good on the offensive and defensive side of the ball, that doesn't mean their defense will be good enough to stop Baylor's offense. It also doesn't mean their offense will be good enough to keep up.

The ASU-UCLA was a bit of a toss up for me too at first, but then when I broke it down more, I just think that ASU has a better balance of talent. Meaning, you contain Hundley, you stop UCLA.

While Ole Miss is getting better, Missouri is still the better team.

MavGrad....you keep picking against the Sun Devils and they keep biting you in the ####. I say keep on picking against them. Especially in the Pac-12 Championship game. I want them in the Rose Bowl!

Lol the few times that I have picked them, they lost... If this worked for LSU I would choose the opposing team every week.

I picked Baylor over Okie St but now with the weather affecting this weekend I kind of wonder if Baylors offense can function in the cold. Should be below freezing when the game starts.

20 carries for Lache and 20 carries for Shock. Baylor will be okay.

Personally, I think it's a bit amusing how much people bring up the cold weather as a factor. You do know that it gets very cold here in Texas towards the end of football season right? You also know that most of the kids playing for Baylor are from Texas and have played in that cold weather right?

I think Baylor will be just fine.

Personally, I think it's a bit amusing how much people bring up the cold weather as a factor. You do know that it gets very cold here in Texas towards the end of football season right? You also know that most of the kids playing for Baylor are from Texas and have played in that cold weather right?

Well, I look at it like this, it's just as cold in Stillwater as it is in Whacko

Well, I look at it like this, it's just as cold in Stillwater as it is in Whacko

Exactly! That's what I'm saying. So why would this have any affect Baylor's offense?

So you're saying there's no credence to balls getting heavier when it gets this cold, or the leather gets harder and slicker? I just watched our HS team lose a game because the weather affected their ability to throw the ball. A prolific offense that averaged 400 yds a game gained 200 against a 7-4 team because the ball was thrown short or just dropped.

For that matter, most of OSU's players are from Texas as well. The weather will affect the fans more than it will the players.