Mart Graham resigns in Mount Pleasant

Smoaky

Mart Graham has decided to resign as the AD/Head Football Coach at Mount Pleasant High School.

Graham informed his staff on Tuesday morning and the players in the afternoon.

Graham told David Smoak, "I've been in this business for 32-years, and I just time," Graham added, "I have rotten knees, I have high blood pressure, and quite frankly we had such high expectations this past season and with the injuries mounting up, it's just worn me out."

Graham told Smoak, "I will stay here within the school district, the superintendent asked me to hang around."

Mount Pleasant was 16-24 in Graham's four years as the head football coach.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't make them like Graham anymore. He is truely one of a kind. This profession will miss you Coach Graham. He is one of the best guys I have ever met. There is no harder working coach in the business tham Grambo. Good luck Mart.

MP is one of those schools that want to win and win now. They got spoiled by going to the playoffs every year that Coach McDaniel was there. It is definitely a big $ job. I expect them to bring someone in at close to 6 figure range. Prolly more around 80,000.

McFarlin should b a top candidate but it most likely will b someone from outside of East Texas.

Just got word MP will not go after McFarlin bc of what happened at Whitehouse with him getting unanimously released.

Im trying to get word on who they might go after.

Still baffles me on what went wrong...??? There's been word around town that a former MP Alum is very interested in the position and was the last time it was open before promoting Coach Graham.

I can honestly say this is not the case nor is Kerry Strong up for the job. I have an inclination they will get an old alum to take thd job.

MP has a lot of football potentinal coming up in the next several years...they (the Search Committe) need to be courting some good coaches that can get them that state title that they have never been able to get. MP is probably the best program without a state champ banner to hang in their stadium.

MP has a lot of football potentinal coming up in the next several years...they (the Search Committe) need to be courting some good coaches that can get them that state title that they have never been able to get. MP is probably the best program without a state champ banner to hang in their stadium.

We can appreciate what you said. I will agree on that for sure. Been so close and just got ripped out of the clutches. From what I have been told by schoolboard member is that a former alum is the leading candidate. Hes been coaching now for ten years and he will bring the smashmouth football back that MP used to have. It is Corey Homer out of Plano. As a former player maybe he can get the kids to come out just like Harper did in Marshall this year.