Mart Graham resigns in Mount Pleasant

Smoaky

61 Applications. Narrowing it to 5 and plan to make a hire before the end of the year. I can't say that I have any additional information, but Basil is not currently on staff and has not been on staff. He spent a lot of time on the sideline, but not an employee of MPISD and I would be shocked if he were named the new man with zero experience, if he even applied. Other than this, all I can spread is rumors and nothing but rumors. Hope they find a good one, good group of 7th, 8th and 9th graders coming up. If they are not willing to pay more than they have in the past, it will be difficult to find a great one.

I thought budmanfan and bumpy pickle both stated that Basil was already coaching there! I'm assuming they aren't the ones in the know now, just rumor guys.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought budmanfan and bumpy pickle both stated that Basil was already coaching there! I'm assuming they aren't the ones in the know now, just rumor guys.

If he wasnt then I am surprised because my sister is really good friends with his wife. She told my sister he started working as an assistant coach and quit his job at Verizon. Im not saying he should get the job because I agree with everyone else that he wont get the job due to experience.

He talks to the kids a lot and spends a lot of time up there, but he has not and is not an employee of MPISD. Great guy and spends a lot of his time working with younger kids. He left Verizon to go to Sandlin Motors and he is no longer at Sandlin Motors.

He talks to the kids a lot and spends a lot of time up there, but he has not and is not an employee of MPISD. Great guy and spends a lot of his time working with younger kids. He left Verizon to go to Sandlin Motors and he is no longer at Sandlin Motors.

Just got word from my sister who talked to a school board rep that he is on the payroll of MPISD in a small roll of the football staff.

He is an Aid at the JH, has been for 2 or 3 weeks. He has no position on the football staff at this time. He volunteered to train some of the soccer players in speed and quickness. He is a great guy and the HC allowed him to be on the side lines, just for moral support, and the fact that he did play PRO ball, and he would talk positively to the players during the game.

• 2 weeks later...