Mart Graham resigns in Mount Pleasant

Smoaky

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dou know which one yet? Possibly Basil Mitchell?

I hear that Basil Mitchell has accepted a position as an assistant coach with MPISD. I cannot verify if that is for football, track, or any other sport. With no high school coaching experience, he'd be a long shot for the Head Coach and AD position. Very unlikely...but it looks like they are starting to build a good support staff for whomever is selected.

I hear that Basil Mitchell has accepted a position as an assistant coach with MPISD. I cannot verify if that is for football, track, or any other sport. With no high school coaching experience, he'd be a long shot for the Head Coach and AD position. Very unlikely...but it looks like they are starting to build a good support staff for whomever is selected.

He is on the football staff. Hes the running back/db coach. They are gonna have a lot of kids hopefully coming out next season. Especially with Longview looming possibly on the schedule who knows if they will want to. Looking forward to seeing who the new coach will b. Whoever it is is going to have a good staff and a lot of good athletes coming up.

I know I'm a little late...but the new class numbers are surprising. Just about every team in East Texas is moving up a class (except Rivercrest). MP is now 5A and Pittsburg is 4A.

because now UIL created 6A and 6 man is now 1A... So yes it looks like they moved up if you don't know what's going on but 1A=2A 2A=3A 3A=4A etc

I know I'm partial to East Texas guys but I think Keeling from Waskom should get a look at this job. Waskom has really got it together. Might look at Robert Manley also. Guy is very familiar with the MP area and is a proven winner.

Hopefully Keeling will stay put and he and his staff rewarded for their good work this year. Waskom has like 7/7 coming back next year with all their running backs and QB coming back. Only have to replace some defensive linemen and offensive linemen. On the other hand money talks....

Everyone thus far that has speculated has been wrong. I am very close to the situation, actually in the situation. This will be Kerry Strong's job to turn down. MPISD has to play the game for a couple of weeks. You can write this one down...in pen.

You said the same about PIne Tree, lol. You need attention, did You used to be in special Ed 10 years ago in Winona?

I know I'm partial to East Texas guys but I think Keeling from Waskom should get a look at this job. Waskom has really got it together. Might look at Robert Manley also. Guy is very familiar with the MP area and is a proven winner.

Spoke to Coach Manley last week and he has not contacted anyone and is not interested. Building a new home and kicking back.

61 Applications. Narrowing it to 5 and plan to make a hire before the end of the year. I can't say that I have any additional information, but Basil is not currently on staff and has not been on staff. He spent a lot of time on the sideline, but not an employee of MPISD and I would be shocked if he were named the new man with zero experience, if he even applied. Other than this, all I can spread is rumors and nothing but rumors. Hope they find a good one, good group of 7th, 8th and 9th graders coming up. If they are not willing to pay more than they have in the past, it will be difficult to find a great one.