Rangers get fielder for kinsler

thegreatbambino

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so freaking ecstatic!! I will not miss his boneheaded errors or base running mistakes whatsoever. Or his constant pop ups. Or his ridiculous contract extension Nolan Ryan gave him two years ago. Jurickson Profar at 20 years old will contribute just as much. He wasn't ranked the #1 prospect in the game for no reason. Also Fielder fills in a much needed void we've had the last couple of years for a power bat first baseman. He will love hitting in this hitters ballpark.

At least we don,t have to watch Kinsler get picked off first every 4-5 games

Just curious, how many times do you think Ian got picked off? (don't look it up, just give me a guess)

We need the kind of power that Fielder will bring to our lineup, I just hate to lose another part of that dream team from a few years ago. Really, Elvis is the only starter left from 2010 (if Cruz truly moves on). Sad day.

Just curious, how many times do you think Ian got picked off? (don't look it up, just give me a guess)

We need the kind of power that Fielder will bring to our lineup, I just hate to lose another part of that dream team from a few years ago. Really, Elvis is the only starter left from 2010 (if Cruz truly moves on). Sad day.

My "guess" would be that Kinsler was picked off 8 times TOTAL all season. Sad thing that most people don't realize is that I believe Elvis wasn't too far behind. I specifically remember him being picked off 5 times for sure. While I don't mind losing Kinsler, b/c I didn't like his attitude, nor his bat...I think we could've made a better trade for him. Yes, Fielder is a power hitter, but I don't consider him an elite player. JMO

The biggest thing from this is the talk that Robinson Cano is now a favorite to land in either NY (again) or Texas....THEN, I would be completely happy with this trade.

t-dub, if he was picked off every 4-5 games, he would have been picked off at least 40 times last year...........he was picked off 11 times. Now, I agree that is high, but not like you suggested. Oh and Elvis was picked off 8 times.

He is not terrible and I think when he is playing for the other team, we are all gonna go, wow--we let him go?! He is considered very under appreciated by the fans here according to an article I read. It also stated that he is a major upgrade over what they had at 2nd because (they said this not me) he is one of the best 2nd basemen in the game, especially when it comes to turning a double play.

So, I am getting over losing him, but Fielder better hit 30+ homeruns (and a lot of them at me on the home run porch) or there will be a lot of people questioning JD (and he will no longer be able to use the 'Nolan wouldn't let me' excuse)

I liked Kinsler a lot, but this move had to be made. They would have been stupid not to. The biggst plus, IMO, is that it puts Profar at 2B full time and we're actually replacing Moreland's bat with Fielder. I like Moreland too. though. Maybe he will be groomed into that missing outfielder we're in need of. This trade did nothing but improve the Rangers. Plus....we got $30 million in spare cash.

I realize that he didn't get picked off literally every 4-5 games, but thanks for the clarification etos. I just hope somebody can let Fielder know where your seats are so he can hit the homers towards you. We don't want you upset.