Rangers get fielder for kinsler

thegreatbambino

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

You're happy because a guy has a good OPS? I hope the A's play Gentry as their CF this year, free out everytime the Rangers face him. But hey, he'll have a ".759 OPS"...

You know that's 2 stats added together, right?

Yes I know what it is no its not the only stat that Gentry did well. You don't like Gentry....we get it. He's gone....be happy.

Do you work at being an @%@%%@? Just curious

Yes I know what it is no its not the only stat that Gentry did well. You don't like Gentry....we get it. He's gone....be happy.

Do you work at being an @%@%%@? Just curious

Whatever those signs mean...

You and Straw have a crush on Gentry and I don't understand why. He runs good and that's it. Doesn't throw well, doesn't hit for avg, doesn't hit for power, and is ok in the OF. You guys don't understand the meaning of not letting a guy play a whole summer because in 3 weeks of action, he has major flaws.

Use your imagination....

If you have one :)

You're the nerdy kid on the block who always has some comeback because he doesn't get picked to play in the pick up games because no one wants you on their team. Maybe if you had watched a few games and grasped the concepts of the game as a kid, you might've been picked more often and not had to have resorted to your game boy and belittling people with your nerdy comebacks!!! nerd....

Whatever those signs mean...

You and Straw have a crush on Gentry and I don't understand why. He runs good and that's it. Doesn't throw well, doesn't hit for avg, doesn't hit for power, and is ok in the OF. You guys don't understand the meaning of not letting a guy play a whole summer because in 3 weeks of action, he has major flaws.

I was a Gentry fan, and I hate to see him go, but at the same time, I understand the move. I've seen Choice play all the way back in his college days, and he definitely has a huge upside. Pretty fair trade, I believe, on Daniels' part.

But to say Gentry plays an "OK" OF and doesn't throw well, now that's very inaccurate. He definitely has some holes in his swing, but the guy is one of the better defensive OF's in the A.L.

I was a Gentry fan, and I hate to see him go, but at the same time, I understand the move. I've seen Choice play all the way back in his college days, and he definitely has a huge upside. Pretty fair trade, I believe, on Daniels' part.

But to say Gentry plays an "OK" OF and doesn't throw well, now that's very inaccurate. He definitely has some holes in his swing, but the guy is one of the better defensive OF's in the A.L.

I can name 15 OFs in the AL and NL combined better than Gentry

No, I don't think so. Not when it comes to sheer range combined with arm strength. If so, then your opinion is contrary to most A.L. advance scouts.

Oh you've talked to them? A scout's observation of a guy is not a fact, it's an opinion, just like mine. No doubt Gentry has the tools to be a really good one, but he's an NFL safety in my mind, not a baseball player. I've seen him make good plays, but the guys on my list have made awesome plays, all the time. And are not afraid to throw guys out and take chances.

McCutchen

Trout

Kemp

Carlos Gonzales

Carlos Gomez

Josh Hamilton

Adam Jones

Bryce Harper

Yasiel Piug

Jacolby Ellsbury

Desmond Jennings

Starting Marte

That's only 12, but surely you won't argue with Gentry being better than any of these guys in the OF, aside from Hamilton's lackidaisical play down the stretch with the Rangers that one summer, you saw what he can do if things are right in his life.

Oh you've talked to them? A scout's observation of a guy is not a fact, it's an opinion, just like mine. No doubt Gentry has the tools to be a really good one, but he's an NFL safety in my mind, not a baseball player. I've seen him make good plays, but the guys on my list have made awesome plays, all the time. And are not afraid to throw guys out and take chances.

McCutchen

Trout

Kemp

Carlos Gonzales

Carlos Gomez

Josh Hamilton

Adam Jones

Bryce Harper

Yasiel Piug

Jacolby Ellsbury

Desmond Jennings

Starting Marte

That's only 12, but surely you won't argue with Gentry being better than any of these guys in the OF, aside from Hamilton's lackidaisical play down the stretch with the Rangers that one summer, you saw what he can do if things are right in his life.

You've certainly listed some tremendous OF's, but a few are a litle curious...

--Although he doesn't think so, Kemp is now a fourth OF

--Harper can't/won't go back on a ball anymore at all

--Puig is a fundamentalist's nightmare and the reincarnation of Ruben Mateo

--Marte can drop a routine flyball with Hamilton and the best of them

Does Harper end up at 1B before all is said and done?

I think in the not-too-distant future, that could sure be a possibility. LaRoche is anchored there pretty good right now, but it's a real possibility in the future to see Harper there. Mauer is there full-time now for the Twins, too.

It is a serious downgrade before this past summer. Napoli could swing it. I like having a decent offensive guy catch 3 out of the 5 guys throughout the summer and Soto catch the other 2. Worked well for the Rangers for the most part of the last 2 summers.

I agree with that 60/40 mix you're talking about. No doubt, Soto is no Napoli, but he is a terrific receiver, and he calls pitches well.

And I think you've got Gentry pegged, as well. I'm sure pulling for the guy, but I imagine you're probably right. Been a fan of his since his days in Fayetteville.

You're the nerdy kid on the block who always has some comeback because he doesn't get picked to play in the pick up games because no one wants you on their team. Maybe if you had watched a few games and grasped the concepts of the game as a kid, you might've been picked more often and not had to have resorted to your game boy and belittling people with your nerdy comebacks!!! nerd....

Comedy...it's just not your thing.

Well I'm sure living in your parent's basement gives you a little more "observation" time than the rest of us :)

Is that your attempt at a joke? I don't live in my parents' basement. I live in my own house. I am a full-time hunting/fishing guide and grew up spending the summers with my dad in "the show." Even played a few years in college, myself.