Gainsville Leopards being investigated for playing an ineligible player

WhoamI97539

Just heard something about Gwater's next opponent Gainesville being investigated for playing an ineligible player. Anybody heard anything about this don't know if it's just a rumor or someone trying to stir some controversy or if it's really going on.

I did see on the UIL bracket that they had an F on the score but I thought that was an accident.

Now I am interested as well.

Gainesville went before the UIL executive committee on Wednesday to appeal the 9-3A committee's ruling of a player and had the appeal denied. It did not designate the sport and the same players that routinely show up in the boxscores have been doing so. It seems pretty safe to assume that the it won't affect the playoffs since the player would have been sitting the past couple of weeks to keep Gainesville from forfeiting any games in district.

Gainesville went before the UIL executive committee on Wednesday to appeal the 9-3A committee's ruling of a player and had the appeal denied. It did not designate the sport and the same players that routinely show up in the boxscores have been doing so. It seems pretty safe to assume that the it won't affect the playoffs since the player would have been sitting the past couple of weeks to keep Gainesville from forfeiting any games in district.

How many district wins did this player play in?

Yes, if anybody gets any info, I'm definitely interested.