Baylor plays a team with a pulse, gets blown out

JohnnyFootball

The 5 starters didn't even make that whole difference. The first decent team Baylor has played all year. Kansas state slowed them down with a solid run game. This was the first good balanced team Baylor had seen and got completely blown out. Ok state was clearly the better team.

The same thing cost OSU a chance at the NC a couple of years ago when they had a fluke loss at Iowa State.

cats - it's a pretty big deal when you lose your LT midweek as well as not having your RB that many thought was one of the best in the nation even before the season started - Seastruck (sp?).

The same thing cost OSU a chance at the NC a couple of years ago when they had a fluke loss at Iowa State.

cats - it's a pretty big deal when you lose your LT midweek as well as not having your RB that many thought was one of the best in the nation even before the season started - Seastruck (sp?).

Yeah. Had that loss been earlier in the year, they might've still gone to the NC. And yeah, losing the LT is HUGE How did he get hurt midweek?!

Yeah. Had that loss been earlier in the year, they might've still gone to the NC. And yeah, losing the LT is HUGE How did he get hurt midweek?!

Ruptured disc in back that required surgery. He's out for the year. Baylor was also missing starting WR Tevin Reese. He was their second most targeted WR with 8 TDs. Still OSU scored at will for the most part.

Writing is on the wall when Petty fell due to the turf monster on that huge scramble in the 1st qtr.

Arguably played the best defensive backs in the conference.

With that being said, they can win out and be a team up for an at large spot like Clemson for a BCS Bowl since Oregon lost today.

Writing is on the wall when Petty fell due to the turf monster on that huge scramble in the 1st qtr.

Arguably played the best defensive backs in the conference.

With that being said, they can win out and be a team up for an at large spot like Clemson for a BCS Bowl since Oregon lost today

Clemson vs Baylor BCS game would be awesome.

Clemson vs Baylor BCS game would be awesome.

Baylor may be screwed due to I forgot who lost along with the way the BCS bowl system.

If Clemson finished the season at #4, they are automatically picked for a BCS since it's top 4 teams are automatically included.

Northern Illinois, Fresno State are all still undefeated and may qualify to be a BCS Buster.

Baylor is likely going to be odd man out likely a Cotton Bowl Bid if they win out.

Man, I'm shocked.

In all seriousness, Baylor is still a great team and I don't know how in the world OSU lost to WVU.

OSU had JW Walsh at QB then. While he is the better runner of the 2 QBs, he lacked the instinct that Chelf seems to have. I also noticed that OSU's main goal early was the run right into the face of the Baylor defense. It didn't amount to much early, but it allowed Chelf to start off 12 of 13 in the first half with a 14-0 lead. The Baylor defense is clearly improved. This same game last year would be 77-7 in favor of OSU. Give Baylor's D another year or 2 to improve and we will be looking at a real force in the B12 in my opinion

As an OU fan/alum, I respectfully disagree with you. We are really weak this year. No heart, no guts. Coasting on talent, such as it is. EdtzqJt.gif

The talent at QB sits his butt on the bench for 3 3/4 quarters... Maybe next year, my boy Aaron Franklin can play for a real NC contender next year.