Quarterfinals. Leonard 28 Cooper 20....Final

Bulldognation1

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would much rather play at Wylie than Commerce. Of course I said originally the best site would have been Royse City. They were tyring to go to a couple of bigger places but couldn't get them because they were already taken or weren't hosting. I don't think it's that big a deal

Please explain. Commerce is bigger, closer and has newer field turf. Why make both communities drive over an hour? If it was Allen it would make more sense but its not.....

Yeah lost all three flips!! I guess Leonard doesn't care! They are starting basketball on Monday anyway!!

May have lost the flips but Cooper wins what matters & that's the game. Cooper's always handled Leonard & it won't change Saturday. Leonard will be ready to go but Cooper will be also. Tight game early & then Cooper muscles their way to the semi's!

You guys sure are confident for a community that's never been to the semis. Hope the players don't underestimate Leonard. Might not get three turnovers in the first half Saturday.

I would much rather play at Wylie than Commerce. Of course I said originally the best site would have been Royse City. They were tyring to go to a couple of bigger places but couldn't get them because they were already taken or weren't hosting. I don't think it's that big a deal

This game was supposed to be played in Royse City. Arrangements were made prior to the results were even known. Don't know why it was changed. Maybe Wylie cut a deal with the schools....just really don't know.

Royse City's Athletic Complex is just 4 and a half years old and the stadium turf was replaced with the best turf available this summer. Also upgrades on visitor and home locker rooms were just completed last year. Experience wise, we also have held much larger games than the 2A State Quarterfinals. We have held 3A and 4A State Quarterfinals.

I would think the top stadiums that are experienced in hosting a game of this magnitude in this area would be Wylie, Royse City, Rockwall, Allen and possibly McKinney, however Ron Poe is a little older.

Overall best accessibility for fans in this area is Royse City. Commerce is closer for Cooper and Leonard, but not for the hundreds of fans that would like to attend the game. Playoff teams like to have the easiest and most accessible location to draw the largest crowds to make the most money when they split the gate.

Allen of course has the nicest stadium in this area, sixty million will buy niceness. Rockwall is a very nice stadium, but I think the cost to rent is a little more and parking can be a problem as well as overall accessibility. Paris could have been an option, but I don't know that much about their stadium and again you lose the fan base that is located on the edge of the Dallas Metroplex.

Still going to be a good game and Leonard is really playing good and peaking at the right time, however Cooper is just an awesome football team that has been playing lights out football all year long. Many good friends in Leonard and I do wish them good luck, but I think Cooper has everything to go all the way.

Cooper 35 Leonard 19

You guys sure are confident for a community that's never been to the semis. Hope the players don't underestimate Leonard. Might not get three turnovers in the first half Saturday.

So since we've never been to the semi's, we don't need to be confident in our team? Cooper will not take Leonard lightly, they're good or they wouldn't be here. Us Cooper fans just know how good this team is. Have you seen them? So Cooper would not have won if not for 3 turnovers in first half? Why don't you give some thoughts on the game instead of still whining about where the game is being played?

I would think the top stadiums that are experienced in hosting a game of this magnitude in this area would be Wylie, Royse City, Rockwall, Allen and possibly McKinney, however Ron Poe is a little older.

Overall best accessibility for fans in this area is Royse City. Commerce is closer for Cooper and Leonard, but not for the hundreds of fans that would like to attend the game. Playoff teams like to have the easiest and most accessible location to draw the largest crowds to make the most money when they split the gate.

According to texasbob Commerce holds 13500 and Wyle 10K. Please explain how driving over an hour to a smaller stadium draws a bigger gate.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=356

So since we've never been to the semi's, we don't need to be confident in our team? Cooper will not take Leonard lightly, they're good or they wouldn't be here. Us Cooper fans just know how good this team is. Have you seen them? So Cooper would not have won if not for 3 turnovers in first half? Why don't you give some thoughts on the game instead of still whining about where the game is being played?

Being humble I believe is a very good idea. Seen Cooper more than once and believe they will win. Friendly confines of Wylie stadium gives em the edge.

Yeah those turnovers were just given to is!! They laid the ball down for us to pick it up!! How many turnovers did Leonard get against S&S and Edgewood?? Oh that's right they don't count!! Geeze if it weren't for the gifts that Edgewood have them they would have been playing basket ball right now!! Turnovers only count in close games like the 3 Leonard won! They won't get those with Cooper!! 56-21 Cooper Leonard scores 14 against JV just like last year!!

Coopers rushing attack defeats Leonard in the 2nd half.

Leonard has a solid team, some good skill positions. But the big O-Line wins it for Cooper. They will wear Leonard down the entire game, and Cooper will gain a comfortable lead. IMO

With that being said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Leonard kept it close and it was decided by a TD or less.

My prediction:

Cooper 47

Leonard 24

On another note, Leonard's Kicker/Punter could be a huge difference maker in this game. He is pretty good, and being able to kick away (and out of the end zone) from the speedy Cooper Returners could take away an element from Cooper. Its PLAYOFF time in Texas and you could win Special Teams and technically lose the Offense/Defense aspect of the game and still win.

Hoping for a Cooper win, but really hoping for a GREAT GAME.

According to texasbob Commerce holds 13500 and Wyle 10K. Please explain how driving over an hour to a smaller stadium draws a bigger gate.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=356

None of the stadiums mentioned will sell out for this game, I think his point was that RC is much easier to get in and out of because of it's location directly off of the interstate, easy access for those who are from Leonard or Cooper and have moved into Dallas or an immediate suburb as well as those who are still in Leonard or Cooper. Sometimes the amount of traffic and time spent behind the wheel determine if someone will make the drive or not to the game, especially casual football fans from the local area that aren't necessarily Cooper or Leonard fans. In my opinion if the game had been in Commerce the draw would be smaller than the crowd they get in Wylie. I personally would rather see the 6,000 to 8,000 (if that) fans that will attend this game in a stadium that holds 6,000 to 8,000 fans...a full stadium is just a better playoff experience. 6,000 to 8,000 fans half filling Texas A&M Commerce's very nice stadium 20 minutes from home is not a once in a lifetime experience for the kids or fans. Not to mention it is a second home for Cooper. Getting in and out of Wylie is not the easiest, not horrible but once you are out of the stadium parking lot (the toughest spot) which is not fun, you have to go through Wylie on 78, that is never fun, waiting on that light from 544 to get onto 78 is no fun at all.

Yes, Commerce is about right in the middle, but over an hour drive for Leonard or Commerce to Royse City? How slow are you driving? It is 45 minutes max...

Being humble I believe is a very good idea. Seen Cooper more than once and believe they will win. Friendly confines of Wylie stadium gives em the edge.

Friendly confines in Wylie? Cooper hasn't played there since they played Prosper in what 2005? How is Wylie any more friendly to one or the other? Commerce is a location that is more friendly to Cooper, they play there at least every other year...

Coopers rushing attack defeats Leonard in the 2nd half.

Leonard has a solid team, some good skill positions. But the big O-Line wins it for Cooper. They will wear Leonard down the entire game, and Cooper will gain a comfortable lead. IMO

With that being said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Leonard kept it close and it was decided by a TD or less.

My prediction:

Cooper 47

Leonard 24

On another note, Leonard's Kicker/Punter could be a huge difference maker in this game. He is pretty good, and being able to kick away (and out of the end zone) from the speedy Cooper Returners could take away an element from Cooper. Its PLAYOFF time in Texas and you could win Special Teams and technically lose the Offense/Defense aspect of the game and still win.

Hoping for a Cooper win, but really hoping for a GREAT GAME.

How dare you predict such a lopsided score.. That's not very humble according to 44cutback