Possible East Texas 3AD2 ... let the guessing and speculation begin

Horns85

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the 70's we (Waskom) always played Garrison. Didn't seem to be a problem hen.

The Falcon has a point back in the 70's Garrison traveled to Waskom and EF but going to Hughes Springs LK or ND would be a lot of extra travel for Garrison. In the 70's the districts for Garrison, was Timpson right next door, Shelbyville, Beckville, Tatum, Joaquin, West Rust all fairly close. I think

Garrison

Waskom

EF

Arp

Troup

West Rusk

Would be a good district if they wanted 6 teams to a districts

The Falcon has a point back in the 70's Garrison traveled to Waskom and EF but going to Hughes Springs LK or ND would be a lot of extra travel for Garrison. In the 70's the districts for Garrison, was Timpson right next door, Shelbyville, Beckville, Tatum, Joaquin, West Rust all fairly close. I think

Garrison

Waskom

EF

Arp

Troup

West Rusk

Would be a good district if they wanted 6 teams to a districts

Exactly, Waskom and EF wouldn't be bad at all. Hughes Springs, Lk ND etc. are another story altogether. Just too far in my opinion.

We will be young next year but still have some key players that return, i don't think we will be as good as the last 2 years but still want be a pushover

I was looking at Newtons roster they show to have some big lineman coming back, don't know if they where starters but they are very big

I know UIL doesn't do a lot of things that make sense, but I just don't see this now being a district.

Hughes Springs

Linden-Kildare

Hooks

Paul Pewitt

Dekalb

Queen City

The longest drive any team would have would be maybe 40 miles

Looks like a good District to me and if they wanted to add a 7th team throw in New Diana

District 8-3A Division II Elysian Fields West Rusk Waskom Garrison Linden-Kildare Hughes Springs

I don't know how well that works out for Garrison, that is some good driving for them. I would have thought Garrison would be in the Arp and Troup district, and replace Garrison with New Diana

This would be a good district with either Garrison or ND. I know Waskom has a lot coming back, how many does each of the other teams have returning? EF has about 10 starters returning.

This would be a good district with either Garrison or ND. I know Waskom has a lot coming back, how many does each of the other teams have returning? EF has about 10 starters returning.

I would bet we are not in a district like that we will be playing South of I-20 teams Arp Troup, WR, Garrison, EF , Waskom

Our district is somewhat so I am sure where ever EF goes we go also

Yeah, I agree, they will keep us together,.... now that it's getting good for ya'll.....lol. Think we'll split this go round...ya'll will get 2014 and we'll get 2015....lol. That ought to get it started...haha.

What wrong with Timpson are they drying up down there they use to have as many kids as Garrison ?

They went through some tough times a few years back financially and administratively. There isn't as much going on in that area jobs wise and they are barely treading water. I think a lot of kids\families transferred out over the past 10 years or so. They used to be our biggest rival in football, but Garrison has pretty much owned them the past 30-40 years. They won't even play us any more since they moved down in classification.

They went through some tough times a few years back financially and administratively. There isn't as much going on in that area jobs wise and they are barely treading water. I think a lot of kids\families transferred out over the past 10 years or so. They used to be our biggest rival in football, but Garrison has pretty much owned them the past 30-40 years. They won't even play us any more since they moved down in classification.

well just for traveling sack they should at least play pre district

well just for traveling sack they should at least play pre district

even if they do take a beating

What will be scary is being put into Corrigan Camden district with CC having most of their team back next year. Newton might not even win district..:p

division 2 people are under the wrong interpretation of newton and division 1...I've heard for the past 2 seasons how Hughes springs could beat wo since they're a powerhouse of d2 and wo rolls them in a scrimmage. A "weak" newton team would roll all of these teams and make them like it

division 2 people are under the wrong interpretation of newton and division 1...I've heard for the past 2 seasons how Hughes springs could beat wo since they're a powerhouse of d2 and wo rolls them in a scrimmage. A "weak" newton team would roll all of these teams and make them like it

Well we will be able to see if your theory is right this year.