Dallas @ Chicago..Monday Night Football

Monday Night Football  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Cowboys
    • Bears

In summary, the Dallas Cowboys have the worst coaching staff in the NFL and they are incapable of making in game adjustments. They do not and can not get the best out of their players. The play calling is ridiculous and does not play to the Cowboys strengths, the defense is out of place and lost on 3rd downs and we do not disguise our blitzes. This trend of poor inconsistent play will not change until we have the leadership that will demand it, not smile on the sideline when we kick a field goal instead of scoring a touchdown.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In summary, the Dallas Cowboys have the worst coaching staff in the NFL and they are incapable of making in game adjustments. They do not and can not get the best out of their players. The play calling is ridiculous and does not play to the Cowboys strengths, the defense is out of place and lost on 3rd downs and we do not disguise our blitzes. This trend of poor inconsistent play will not change until we have the leadership that will demand it, not smile on the sideline when we kick a field goal instead of scoring a touchdown.

I've been back and forth on this myself, and I certainly can agree with the sentiment. Starting Sims over Carter, not using the 2nd TE, ignoring Beez or Dez for large swaths of time...when Callahan has called the plays on his own, its been a disaster at times.

I'm a bit more optimistic in the last few weeks because the Cowboys seem to be trying different things on offense and actually showing new material that confuses the defense (Beez in the backfield makes a catch, Escobar playaction catch). These are things they haven't done all season.

On defense, I watched the Bears game a bit more after it was over, and I'm just not sure what the coaches can do at this point. They tried a mix of man and zone, and neither worked. They tried blitzing and that failed. They tried rushing three and zoning the endzone; that failed. After playing over the top much of the first half, they tried using the safety over the top and the corner underneath; it led to big catches and a ridiculous endzone catch by Jeffries. McCown easily looked off the linebackers (including Lee) to find Martellus Bennett.

The three dropped INTs (and one overturned INT) could have sealed the game for the Cowboys. They could have led to a blowout the other way. Unfortunately, Scandrick and Carter have shown a talent for stone hands as well as cold hands.

All we know is that if Kiffin is fired, Marinelli will walk as well.

This here aint really about excuses. The Cowboys was obviously the better team but Chicago exacuted better an beat Dallas with big plays. When the Red-coach puts his foot down with the defence an they starts dominat'n again, instaed of just look'n good most plays, Cowboys'll run the table again soon

I guess that was evident by such a close score huh, LOL

If your driving down the road and your car runs out of gas, is it an excuse to say your car ran out of gas?

No, but if I did it for 18 years I would probably be able to figure out something in my thinking was flawed.. Or I could continue to blame the car and keep doing it.

And that leadership begins and ends with Jerry Jones. Until "HE" realizes that "HE" is the problem, Dallas will do nothing more than give up "glimpses" of how it "could" be, instead of how it truly is.

this season can't be blamed on Romo for once

We still haven't played Philly at home yet, but all Philly has to do is win their next 2 of 3 with that one win in Dallas. Regardless, last nights game showed that the Cowboys are not a playoff caliber team this year, and won't be. We have only 1 win over a winning team this year, and they lead the NFC East right now. Philly will beat the Vikings, and then the Bears visit them in Philly. I'm not saying that Philly will beat the Bears, but if they do Dallas has to win out. Philly has to lose their next two games to finish where I thought they would this year. The only player that looked good in last nights game was DeMarco Murray.

Tom Landry has to be turning over in his grave seeing the mess Jerry Jones has created with what use to be called Americas Team. it started out good when he first bought the team thanks to Jimmy but then the ego kicked into high gear and other than Parcells to a point he has hired nothing but a string of puppets to coach this team. i have gone from a die hard fan who anticipated the games all week long, took up for them when they lost and was depressed and didn't sleep well for days when they did to just watching the games and it not really bothering me how they turn out. i sleep like a baby when they lose now. i wish i wasn't this way but this past decade has wore me out. i really don't know why i keep watching them but when i don't expect much from them they surprise me and when i do expect them to win they disappoint. i knew the game last night would be tough. it was in Chicago, it was bitterly cold and the Bears offense was playing well but the defense wasn't even competitive. i felt going into the game if the offense played pretty good they would have a chance to win but i could have ran the ball and caught passes against them.

We still haven't played Philly at home yet, but all Philly has to do is win their next 2 of 3 with that one win in Dallas. Regardless, last nights game showed that the Cowboys are not a playoff caliber team this year, and won't be. We have only 1 win over a winning team this year, and they lead the NFC East right now. Philly will beat the Vikings, and then the Bears visit them in Philly. I'm not saying that Philly will beat the Bears, but if they do Dallas has to win out. Philly has to lose their next two games to finish where I thought they would this year. The only player that looked good in last nights game was DeMarco Murray.

11-20 108 and 3 TD's no turnovers is a good night for Romo. Backs did very well. Pass protection was poop mush in the second half.

The big problem was the defense though. No turnovers and stayed on the field far too long to not give the offense more chances with the ball.

The big problem was the defense though.

LOTS of problems, but defense is certainly the top of the list. Kind of makes you wonder why with one of the leagues worst defenses of last year the Cowboys went offense with their first 3 picks of the draft. IMO that sums up the absolute denial of Jerry Jones

LOTS of problems, but defense is certainly the top of the list. Kind of makes you wonder why with one of the leagues worst defenses of last year the Cowboys went offense with their first 3 picks of the draft. IMO that sums up the absolute denial of Jerry Jones

I have no problem with 2 of the picks. Dallas needed a reliable receiver like Williams and to bolster the offensive line.

I would still invest in o-line protection, defensive line help and secondary.

Dallas has severe issues in depth.

That's the spirit! You really are going to blame Romo for the poor season if he has 1 bad game against Philly??? WOW! I thought Dallas plays 16 games in a season. So if he has a great game against them I expect you will be jumping up and down praising him.

The offensive line looked pretty good on the rushes Murray had. They were sealing off very well and the defense were not touching him until he got to the second level. Kudo's should go to the line in this area for this game.

I can't decide which of you is more obsessed with Romo.

How Jason Garrett is not more of the topic of discussion is beyond me. This was extra prep time after the Thanksgiving game & the whole team was ill prepared and apparently unmotivated. Pretty sad state of affairs

How Jason Garrett is not more of the topic of discussion is beyond me. This was extra prep time after the Thanksgiving game & the whole team was ill prepared and apparently unmotivated. Pretty sad state of affairs

Pushback against Jason Garrett seems to have subsided both when he overturned the roster and when he started to insert himself in the playcalling once again.

As for preparation, I still can't see what the coaches could have done to make things better. There were 4 dropped interceptions, and another overturned. McCown threw an endzone pass into double coverage that both Heath/Webb missed (which is why Dallas was trying to cover for these players to begin with. Against two 'prototype' wideouts, Dallas can't cover them across the field in man because the pass rush doesn't get there; they also have no linebackers that can stay with Forte. In zone, again, you haven't a pass rush that can get there, and the Bears would target linebackers and safeties that just aren't good at zone awareness.

The coaches tried several things to change it up. There were 'adjustments'. None of them worked, and then the added complication of losing Lee and inserting Sims meant the Bears could run up the middle at will. Carter begins to look worse because he's trying to do Sims' job and his own, and tends to do neither.

11-20 108 and 3 TD's no turnovers is a good night for Romo. Backs did very well. Pass protection was poop mush in the second half.

The big problem was the defense though. No turnovers and stayed on the field far too long to not give the offense more chances with the ball.

So a 55% completion rate, 104 yards passing (from what I read), and 3 TD's of 2,10, and 9 is a good night with a QBR of 65.7. I'll say good on not throwing any int's, but the longest pass was for 25 yards to Gavin Escobar. The Bears scored 27 unanswered points on the Cowboys, and the offense has to keep up. I realize it was cold, but both Nick Foles and Matt Stafford had more yards passing in driving snow with at least 4-5 inches on the ground. As everyone else has said the Cowboys made a kid from East Texas look like an All Pro, and he wasn't even in the NFL in 2010. Our recievers aren't that bad, but they were shutdown against Chicago. The ground game should have opened up some passing lanes, but that didn't help.

Pushback against Jason Garrett seems to have subsided both when he overturned the roster and when he started to insert himself in the playcalling once again.

As for preparation, I still can't see what the coaches could have done to make things better. There were 4 dropped interceptions, and another overturned. McCown threw an endzone pass into double coverage that both Heath/Webb missed (which is why Dallas was trying to cover for these players to begin with. Against two 'prototype' wideouts, Dallas can't cover them across the field in man because the pass rush doesn't get there; they also have no linebackers that can stay with Forte. In zone, again, you haven't a pass rush that can get there, and the Bears would target linebackers and safeties that just aren't good at zone awareness.

The coaches tried several things to change it up. There were 'adjustments'. None of them worked, and then the added complication of losing Lee and inserting Sims meant the Bears could run up the middle at will. Carter begins to look worse because he's trying to do Sims' job and his own, and tends to do neither.

I'm sure the Bears have excuses for not hangin 70pts on the cowgirls also.

So a 55% completion rate, 104 yards passing (from what I read), and 3 TD's of 2,10, and 9 is a good night with a QBR of 65.7. I'll say good on not throwing any int's, but the longest pass was for 25 yards to Gavin Escobar. The Bears scored 27 unanswered points on the Cowboys, and the offense has to keep up. I realize it was cold, but both Nick Foles and Matt Stafford had more yards passing in driving snow with at least 4-5 inches on the ground. As everyone else has said the Cowboys made a kid from East Texas look like an All Pro, and he wasn't even in the NFL in 2010. Our recievers aren't that bad, but they were shutdown against Chicago. The ground game should have opened up some passing lanes, but that didn't help.

Passing yards is an awful barometer to judge a quarterback on. There are a million factors that play into how many passing yards a player has...our running game, for one, was dominating their defense, which meant we didn't need to throw a ton, and two, because the bears had 33 first downs, we didn't exactly have a whole heck of a lot of time to throw the ball. Again, he was efficient and didn't turn the ball over, something that Romo detractors love to berate Romo for. Our offense was pretty good with both the running game and the efficient passing game, but defensively....yeesh...I really think we need to lose out the rest of the year so we can at least salvage a top 15 or so pick, because I honestly do not want to see this team in the playoffs. I can't imagine what the hell this team would look like against a team like Seattle or Carolina.