Dallas @ Chicago..Monday Night Football

Monday Night Football  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Cowboys
    • Bears

Passing yards is an awful barometer to judge a quarterback on. There are a million factors that play into how many passing yards a player has...our running game, for one, was dominating their defense, which meant we didn't need to throw a ton, and two, because the bears had 33 first downs, we didn't exactly have a whole heck of a lot of time to throw the ball. Again, he was efficient and didn't turn the ball over, something that Romo detractors love to berate Romo for. Our offense was pretty good with both the running game and the efficient passing game, but defensively....yeesh...I really think we need to lose out the rest of the year so we can at least salvage a top 15 or so pick, because I honestly do not want to see this team in the playoffs. I can't imagine what the hell this team would look like against a team like Seattle or Carolina.

We did see how they would. They played Denver to a phenomenal scoring game. Same problem with the defense then also. The only difference was our offense played well. Which is somethiing the Dallas is a little better at

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a 55% completion rate, 104 yards passing (from what I read), and 3 TD's of 2,10, and 9 is a good night with a QBR of 65.7. I'll say good on not throwing any int's, but the longest pass was for 25 yards to Gavin Escobar. The Bears scored 27 unanswered points on the Cowboys, and the offense has to keep up. I realize it was cold, but both Nick Foles and Matt Stafford had more yards passing in driving snow with at least 4-5 inches on the ground. As everyone else has said the Cowboys made a kid from East Texas look like an All Pro, and he wasn't even in the NFL in 2010. Our recievers aren't that bad, but they were shutdown against Chicago. The ground game should have opened up some passing lanes, but that didn't help.

But if Romo would have thrown for 500 yards, 5 Td's and 1 interception, the complaint would have been about the interception...right?

But if Romo would have thrown for 500 yards, 5 Td's and 1 interception, the complaint would have been about the interception...right?

If we would have lost, just as we did with Denver. There's always an excuse with Romo, and I'm not going to be a fan of his. I just get tired of hearing how great he is, when he hasn't accomplished anything.