Waskom Vs Refugio

wildcatball

Well they faced ours........surely that will have helped prepare them.....lol. Maybe Rufugio has'nt faced anything like Waskom's running game, maybe they can't stop there running attack, 4-1000 yd rushers. Maybe neither one can stop the other and it will be like the Rodgers game 72-71.

Steel EF's passing game wasn't even close to Refugio lol

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waskom wins this game if they keep that QB off the field and don't put the ball on the ground!! Stopping refugio is like stopping Waskom. It's impossible. Slowing it down as much as possible is going to be how it's decided! Would we all agree?

Disagree jethro........Waskom scores too fast to keep him off the field for long......I would think it might be more of a track meet....lol.

I have met some very nice and respectable men from EF this season. I guess you cant expect everybody to get behind the district champion. But IF Waskom somehow pulls out a win in this contest, I am going to ask Big Dav, Big Ed, and Steeljacket to force feed you at least a dozens crows for Christmas dinner. And make sure they stay till you get them all down. :)

Lol ok

This will be an exciting week as I think about it. I honestly did not see Waskom matchingup with EB. But ... If Rogers had been able to kick extra points Refugio would be in basketball season this week. My point .. maybe there is NOT a dominant team this year. Maybe any one of the teams left could win this thing. And then there is the weather. Percentage for running teams is higher in the bad stuff, and who knows what it will look like Saturday? I have seen championships won on a passing arm, and I have seen them lost on dropped passes, deflected passes, and interceptions. Dang -- sure is good to be following High School Football in December!!

Disagree jethro........Waskom scores too fast to keep him off the field for long......I would think it might be more of a track meet....lol.

I do agree lol, but after last night, if we can sustain drives like we did against CC, it can be done! CC made us work down the field for sure! If we win the T.O.P. and turnover battle, we win hands down.

Hoping them boys from that Shreveport mix get the win!

I think you are confusing last year's team with this year's team. I am not aware of any kids from Shreveport on this team. I can think of one or two I wish were still in Waskom but they are gone. I hear Boo has had a great year over at Parkway. I hear it is the little brother that needs to come back to live with moma. Anyway another story for another time.

Refugio's rushing defense is not good...Rogers ran for 600+ yards on them and scored 70 something?

Mart held Rogers to 37 points and a little over 300 yards rushing...

Rogers run game is nowhere near the quality of Waskom's...

Really surprised everyone is over looking cooper.. Those guys have been dominant all year. Beating up on a team ( farmersville) that hung I believe 28 pts on d-field.. Not saying they are gonna win but I wouldn't be so confident in teams that barely getting by..

This might be like the Rogers/Refugio game where both teams hit 70. Rogers was a great running team as well. Waskom may have more athletes ( one) on the field than Refugio, but Refugio is very well coached and hits quick. This is a better match up for Waskom given their speed and the win will be a function of game plan and how well Keeling can get his kids ready for this type of attack. I dont see Refugio shutting Waskom down and I certainly dont see Waskom shutting Refugio down as they will spread the field and score. I think Waskom might have saw this type of offense in the season as EF tries something like it but hasnt seen anyone run it as fast or as well. Refugio has seen Waskoms scheme and talent level before so advantage Refugio. Can Waskom tackle in space? There is a lot of great talent on the field...this one is not a give me to Refugio and should be fun for the Cats. I saw above someone posted the Waskom game plan as pray for rain, sleet and snow just after kickoff...that would help but I think this one will be close.