Waskom Vs Refugio

wildcatball

Coach wait he don't deserve that respect! Jason "piece of dirt" hearing is the worst coach on the history of Texas highschool football. He should be banned by the uil for taunting an injured player. That's way over the line. Fully expected him to show he had no class in this game. He wants to go out being know as a fool with no class. By the way jj was real proud of those waskom wildcats tonight. Y'all made a great run this year and I look forward to watching y'all next season.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm from East Bernard, we've played Refugio 4 times now in the playoffs since Herring has been there. Unfortunately only winning once, all of the other games have been within 9 points. I've seen his antics first hand for years. I felt like he was a really sore loser last year to E.B. but he had those kids so primed to get revenge on E.B. which I thought would backfire. It didn't, they were down 27-13 late in the 1st half and I thought they may be done. 4 First half INT's by Quintanilla still wasn't enough. Rogers had them beat, period, they still found a way. The kids play hard for him, and they didn't quit when they were down 14-0 tonight, when EB was up 14 late in the 2nd and when Rogers was up 9 late in the 4th. I don't agree with what I see from the outside looking in, that stuff just would've work here. but give him and the Bobcats credit you can't argue with W's. I hope Cisco beats Leonard (which is a good story) just so the State Championship is a good game. They are the only ones left that may be able to compete. Congrats to Waskom on a great year.

I'm from East Bernard, we've played Refugio 4 times now in the playoffs since Herring has been there. Unfortunately only winning once, all of the other games have been within 9 points. I've seen his antics first hand for years. I felt like he was a really sore loser last year to E.B. but he had those kids so primed to get revenge on E.B. which I thought would backfire. It didn't, they were down 27-13 late in the 1st half and I thought they may be done. 4 First half INT's by Quintanilla still wasn't enough. Rogers had them beat, period, they still found a way. The kids play hard for him, and they didn't quit when they were down 14-0 tonight, when EB was up 14 late in the 2nd and when Rogers was up 9 late in the 4th. I don't agree with what I see from the outside looking in, that stuff just would've work here. but give him and the Bobcats credit you can't argue with W's. I hope Cisco beats Leonard (which is a good story) just so the State Championship is a good game. They are the only ones left that may be able to compete. Congrats to Waskom on a great year.

What kind of antics would you say you have seen from him ?

Coach wait he don't deserve that respect! Jason "piece of dirt" hearing is the worst coach on the history of Texas highschool football. He should be banned by the uil for taunting an injured player. That's way over the line. Fully expected him to show he had no class in this game. He wants to go out being know as a fool with no class. By the way jj was real proud of those waskom wildcats tonight. Y'all made a great run this year and I look forward to watching y'all next season.

JJ

Waskom just got kicked. Don't like the coach but he team earned the right. I would have backed off but I would have never matched his record

This is gonna hurt....but I agree with JJ (let me write that on my calendar).....

What kind of antics would you say you have seen from him ?

When I posted initially, I had no idea about the last TD, I had quit listening. WOW, can't say I'm surprised. I was actually giving them some credit because they play hard and don't quit, the Refugio kids deserve a ton of credit, they very easily could've lost 3 weeks ago and a lot of teams wouldn't have been able to pull of the wins they have. But man Herring pulled that b.s. again! Last year against E.B. in the 1st half of the QF game he went out to the middle of the field during a timeout and laid into his FG team, it was embarrassing, they had a false start penalty and he just jumped all over them in the middle of the field. I've never seen that period at any level of football. I've seen them play 7 times I believe since he's been there and he constantly gets out on the field and tries to intemidate the officials. He was out on the field last week after a penalty call also, we aren't talking just off the sidelines, 20-30 yards in the field of play. He tries to bully everyone, opposing teams, officials, that's why he was so bitter last year when they got punched in the mouth. I guarantee you if Cisco beats them he will be the same way. Look, it #### to lose, especially this deep in the playoffs, but you should win and lose with class. 16-18 year old kids may lose their cool occasionally, but the head coach needs to set a good example and not act like an idiot.

The Refugio coach didn't bother me as much as their receivers running open in the end zone now that bothered me I thought we could cover better but I was wrong his passes also where very accurate

I agree with you, but I'll say this our boys have nothing to ashamed of they fought hard. Very proud of our kids & coaches.