Waskom Vs Refugio

wildcatball

When I posted initially, I had no idea about the last TD, I had quit listening. WOW, can't say I'm surprised. I was actually giving them some credit because they play hard and don't quit, the Refugio kids deserve a ton of credit, they very easily could've lost 3 weeks ago and a lot of teams wouldn't have been able to pull of the wins they have. But man Herring pulled that b.s. again! Last year against E.B. in the 1st half of the QF game he went out to the middle of the field during a timeout and laid into his FG team, it was embarrassing, they had a false start penalty and he just jumped all over them in the middle of the field. I've never seen that period at any level of football. I've seen them play 7 times I believe since he's been there and he constantly gets out on the field and tries to intemidate the officials. He was out on the field last week after a penalty call also, we aren't talking just off the sidelines, 20-30 yards in the field of play. He tries to bully everyone, opposing teams, officials, that's why he was so bitter last year when they got punched in the mouth. I guarantee you if Cisco beats them he will be the same way. Look, it #### to lose, especially this deep in the playoffs, but you should win and lose with class. 16-18 year old kids may lose their cool occasionally, but the head coach needs to set a good example and not act like an idiot.

sounds like it's just his time of the month

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with you, but I'll say this our boys have nothing to ashamed of they fought hard. Very proud of our kids & coaches.

no they don't they gave all they had hopefully this year will help us develop more depth for next year would like to see our QB as a one way player. He had another great game and on one play he had the air knocked out of him and got right back up trying to breath and still got the next play off. All I can say is what a football player

Congratulations Wildcats, made one heck of a run. was pulling for you'll to make state. fell one short. made East Texas proud. and 9 2a d 2. hopefully they'll keep you'll on schedule. at least non dist. " GO WILDCATS " state semi-finalist ' 13

if you are PP I know y'all are on the schedule if our district moves south

And thanks for the kind words

Well man oh man it is not a good feeling to lose. Especially to a team with a tyrant coach. But the kids were really classy and played hard. Now for my wildcats..

I couldn't be anymore proud of these young men. It's been a blessing to be part of this program and watch these men do something that hasn't been done in school history. I am so proud and appreciative of everyone of the players and fellow coaches and fans. I also want to say a shout out to all of you SDC posters that have followed and supported us throughout our journey. Really means a lot that you guys went the extra mile to support us. I will eat my crow and say we lost to a great team. Those kids will more than likely be state champions next week even though ill be pulling for Cisco. Hats off to Waskom and everyone. I also would like to state that Jethro will more than likely be going away soon or at least to a huge reduction as I start my coaching career next year after I graduate college in may. It's been a lot fun guys and don't think I won't be on here because I will lol. But it's been a fun fun season.

I'm not even going to bother looking at the banter but I wanted to put a few notes in the discussion.

Refugio is the best team waskom has played and waskom couldn't have beaten them if they played ten times. Refugio was HUGE in their defensive back 7 and WR and they physically whipped the wildcats on the edges.

Refugio coach is by far the most classless coach I've ever seen. I understand getting your guys to play hard, but calling timeouts in the final minute to throw a Hail Mary pass for a td is a joke. I seriously wonder how you can justify that. It's not making your team any better or anything like that. A total DB of a coach who probably got beat up a lot as a kid and is over compensating for something.

The entire Refugio players though were a class act and definitely seem to have put in the work. Very talented. I've never seen a team have that type of combo of size and speed on EVERY player at the 2a level. I've never been a fan of accusing players or coaches of anything, but I'll bet my next months salary that most of the team is roided out. You don't get that much muscle tone and size on 16-17 year old kids. I know most of these kids, especially on defense, were so thick in their lower body that I thought they were third year college players. Doesn't happen like that very often. You might have a few gifted athletes on your team that way, but no way a town of roughly 1000 people produces that many in a region of not very talented teams around them.

They whoped us in every aspect of the game but I noticed from the very beginning that the Kids from Refugio seemed to be built very solid....They are all very strong and yes now that it has been mentioned I wonder if the "Roids" accusation might have a little merit behind it! But if not, they must live in that weight room!
"

JJ

Waskom just got kicked. Don't like the coach but he team earned the right. I would have backed off but I would have never matched his record

are you stupid or something or just plain ignorant. My comment had zero to do with waskom being bested. Hell everyone knew that would happen. Why in the hell you think I picked Refugio to win state this year in preseason. Don't change the fact a coach should be held accountable to integrity by the UIL. taunting an injuried player should have vast repercussions immediately. UIL should remove this moron from coaching tomorrow. Jj's out! Y'all have a nice life.

Get over it. If you dont want to get beat by 100. Then teach your kids to play football, and not to give up.

The head coach used to coach the same way as everyone else and realized his boys we're not in good enough condition and did not have enough game experience through out the season to win the state championship. Because he was letting up after the 2nd Qt. Since that last time they got beat in the semifinals. He's one some state championships.

Get over it. If you dont want to get beat by 100. Then teach your kids to play football, and not to give up.

The head coach used to coach the same way as everyone else and realized his boys we're not in good enough condition and did not have enough game experience through out the season to win the state championship. Because he was letting up after the 2nd Qt. Since that last time they got beat in the semifinals. He's one some state championships.

. I don't think it is about letting up it is about calling TO with 1:45 to score with a 30 point lead , I would have been disappointed if Keeling would have done that as a fan and I would wager the Refugio fans don't care for it much either anyway the game was well lost when he did it, that is just my perception that may be the coaching style for the future.

Wow, I bet all those Waskom fans who picked them to win by 3 scores are looking silly right about now. Sad for the kids from Waskom though, especially the seniors. I remember back in 1999 when Corrigan got AIRED out by Barbers Hill in the area round. We were a great team but they ran our guys till they couldn't breathe.

Waskom posters don't be ashamed to post you talked all the smack all week with all the scores you guys had a great yr I would like to see some of your comments now!

I know right, nothing wrong with believing in your team, but saying your gonna win by 3 scores this late in the playoffs is foolish. But once again I have sympathy for the players, especially the seniors.

Ignorant statement. Just because a team is getting beat doesn't mean they have up. That coach is the most classless coach I've ever seen and that includes bounty gate. I would rather a coach teach his players to play dirty than what I saw tonight. At least playing dirty is to gain an advantage. What that coach did tonight is nothing but run up the score on a team because he was a sorry coach and didn't have his players conditioned enough a few years ago. Plain and simple. If they didn't like losing they should have ran more at practice to be in shape. All that's going to happen is he's going to get his players injuried. He's going to come up against a team and a coach with nothing to lose one day and someone is going to take out the knee of one of his players because the coach is a ahole.