Battle of the RED DAWGS - Carthage vs. Kilgore - 3A Div. I STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

DawgDaze

Which DAWGS bite Harder??  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins THE STATE TITLE

• Kilgore Bulldogs
    • Carthage Bulldogs

I'd say Woody probably knows his team better than anyone else. And hey, guess what, they got to within a score. They recover the onsides kick and score and nobody doubts him. They stop Carthage and score and nobody doubts him.

I believe he did what's in the best interest of his team. He knew what he was doing. Kids just didn't execute when the situation called for it (either by covering an onside kick or by making a stop on the ensuing defensive drive).

6 mins left, zero timeouts. Your down by 18
Pass or Run the rock?

What were people thinking? They brought back an entire offense basically from a team that should've won it last year, but lost in the semifinals.

They've (now) been to 4 title games in 6 years with most of these guys probably being on the team 3 years ago. So, I'm not sure what everybody expected out of Carthage. To be honest, I believe they expect a championship every season.

Congrats Carthage and fans. Much better team than I gave you credit for. You have my respect.

This is what won Carthage the game:

0 sacks on Blake.

I had a feeling that when Kilgore did not get that opening TD in the 2nd half, it was going to be very difficult to win.

Congrats Carthage, you guys earned it!

I agree. Glad it didn't beat Henderson.

But like i said on another thread, maybe Carthage fans are used to going to the state title game, so not as many went this year. Who knows the reason. But glad it didn't beat Henderson-CHIll.

Official attendance 17,641....Henderson and CH has it beat! Haha

*high five buzzfrog*

I agree. Glad it didn't beat Henderson.

But like i said on another thread, maybe Carthage fans are used to going to the state title game, so not as many went this year. Who knows the reason. But glad it didn't beat Henderson-CHIll.

No I'm thinking because our game was at night, people prolly had to work

Maybe it should be "Respect the C"

What were people thinking? They brought back an entire offense basically from a team that should've won it last year, but lost in the semifinals.

They've (now) been to 4 title games in 6 years with most of these guys probably being on the team 3 years ago. So, I'm not sure what everybody expected out of Carthage. To be honest, I believe they expect a championship every season.

So Kilgore should have beat Stephenville last year in the semi's? LOL Typical East Texas thinking any team outside of East Texas got lucky. Man oh man. Clueless

Or Carthage would have beaten Stephenville? Yeah right