Westwood

LoadOption

Westwood is a good school. They don't have the talent they used to have but they should be doing better than what their record shows. Their basketball program has done well the last several years. I wonder if those athletes are also playing football. I understand those are two different sports but in a small school you normally have multi sport players. One would think if a coach has "athletes" then possibly things would start moving in the right direction. It's hard to say what the problem is when you're on the outside looking in. I hope they can find a hire that can start making changes in the right direction.

Was in Palestine today and was told it is down to two. He only had one name and I will keep quiet on it also, but he has pretty good credentials. Westwood has talent but they are in the halls not on the field.

Who ever gets job will have to get kids to buy back into program.

Then after a year or two move on

What they need is what they had. They should have let Mays grow into the job. He is from around here and has ties to the community and would have stayed once he became a great coach. You are exactly right in the quote above. It would be different if the last AD was old and just did not have the effort to get better. May's was young and energetic and trying to do it the right way. There was a reason that there were some players walking the halls at westwood like osup said. Now a new guy will come in and the process will start all over again and some of them will be right back in the hall's when it is all said and done. Look at Virginia Tech. Frank Beamer did not start winning till his 6th year. I wish Westwood all the luck in the world but they need to stop letting new board members with kids coming up have to much say so in what needs to be done.

Heard it's the OC from Athens. Good luck to him trying to reach the students there. Hope he Gets along with school board members who have kids in the program and runs something other than the wing t. Not many athletes in the halls either from what I hear. Not much will change in my opinion cuz not about X's and O's but Jimmys and joes and it's slim pickings. Those couple of basketball players I saw in grapeland won't change Westwood football. Hope he is a great recruiter now that Westwood accepts transfers.