**UIL TEXAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS THREAD**

Eagleborn

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's see, there's 50 seconds and you have 2 downs. play clock is only 25 seconds. do the math. there'd be no time left. yea, you could've run the clock all the way and taken a knee on third. let the clock run all the way and take a knee on fourth...or run backwards for a safety to run the rest of the clock out.

no sense in scoring there.

congrats carthage on yet another state title.

let's see, there's 50 seconds and you have 2 downs. play clock is only 25 seconds. do the math. there'd be no time left. yea, you could've run the clock all the way and taken a knee on third. let the clock run all the way and take a knee on fourth...or run backwards for a safety to run the rest of the clock out.

no sense in scoring there.

congrats carthage on yet another state title.

Clock doesnt run when you knee it on 4th genius lol

There was 59 seconds left. You left the clock run down to 1 and take a knee...means there's 35 seconds left. they take less than 9 seconds to spot the ball and let the clock run to 1 again, all you have to do is run around for like 3-4 seconds.

But I'm not going to argue with a guy who can't do math.

Congrats on yet another title Carthage.

It was 3rd and 1 59 seconds left if they knee the ball then they can respot really fast and then you cant knee on 4th or its a turnover. kilgore let him score which made the most sense since they did not stuff him on the play.

Good to hear. Doesn't top the game in 2010 between Henderson and Chapel Hill when there were 22k people. But like I said previously, this is old hat for Carthage. Possibly not as many drove up because they're used to playing for titles in Carthage. Don't know that for sure, but might have something to do with it.

Matt Wixon @mattwixon 31m

Attendance for 3A Division I title game between Carthage and Kilgore: 17,641. No, these aren't big schools. More strong support for #txhsfb

I'd be interested in hearing the attendance for this game, especially since Carthage folks are used to this with it being the 4th time in 6 years they've played for a state title.

17,641. Matt Stepp posts them on his twitter.

Edit: just saw ya posted them. I think they'll continue to get bigger. I would've guessed over 20K personally. It was pretty packed.

There was 59 seconds left. You left the clock run down to 1 and take a knee...means there's 35 seconds left. they take less than 9 seconds to spot the ball and let the clock run to 1 again, all you have to do is run around for like 3-4 seconds.

But I'm not going to argue with a guy who can't do math.

Congrats on yet another title Carthage.

listen to what you are saying If they knee the ball it becomes 4th down. They would have spot the ball in 9 seconds right so that leaves 45-50 seconds now you can let it run down to 1 second. now that leaves 20-25 seconds. When you knee the ball on 4th down it automatically turns over. What are you not understanding.

Where I think your getting confused is at when they snapped the ball on 3rd down the clock had already ran down.

Guess I'm not one to take a knee as soon as they spot the ball with 59 seconds left. I'd rather run it down to 1 (about 35 seconds left on the game clock), but that's just me.

But it's really no big deal. Carthage went ahead and got the long TD and iced the game.

So it's a done deal.

listen to what you are saying If they knee the ball it becomes 4th down. They would have spot the ball in 9 seconds right so that leaves 45-50 seconds now you can let it run down to 1 second. now that leaves 20-25 seconds. When you knee the ball on 4th down it automatically turns over. What are you not understanding.

Guess I'm not one to take a knee as soon as they spot the ball with 59 seconds left. I'd rather run it down to 1 (about 35 seconds left on the game clock), but that's just me.

But it's really no big deal. Carthage went ahead and got the long TD and iced the game.

So it's a done deal.

It had already ran down they had to snap it.

I wonder what BDB will say on the 5A board, if Fairfield beats Argyle today.

MavChamp and I got stuck on the Argyle side. But I'm totally cheering for Fairfield.

We're surrounded by Gilmer fans lol. During Carthage game, it was White Oak players. Random.