Pine Tree search

Mudgrip

Not even a most likely. It's a definite. Longview and Pine Tree will play in 2014 and 2015.

If they're playing soccer, give me PT by 4 goals. If it's real football, Longview by 40, just cause they don't want to Refugio on their neighbors. At least now it won't be moved to Tyler.

Pine Tree gets a bad wrap because of their football team....but in reality, PT athletics perform pretty well from top to bottom. A very balanced program.

The Pirates may get dominated by the Lobos in football, but they can more than held their own against anyone in their district in just about any other sport.

-----

Meanwhile back on topic..... I agree PTISD may have a tough time getting some top quality applicants. Not only do they have a long history of not being competitive in football..... but now they have a history of meddling parents and a corrupt school board. Not sure they can offer enough money to lure a fly in with that.

Pine Tree gets a bad wrap because of their football team....but in reality, PT athletics perform pretty well from top to bottom. A very balanced program.

The Pirates may get dominated by the Lobos in football, but they can more than held their own against anyone in their district in just about any other sport.

-----

Meanwhile back on topic..... I agree PTISD may have a tough time getting some top quality applicants. Not only do they have a long history of not being competitive in football..... but now they have a history of meddling parents and a corrupt school board. Not sure they can offer enough money to lure a fly in with that.

What sports are pretty good? Their bball team isn't good, haven't heard much about baseball and can't imagine them having a very good track team...

PT excels in Tennis, golf, and swimming on both the boys and girls side.

Their volleyball team has been one of the most consistenly good teams in the region.

Their boys soccer team has been one of the more successful in East Texas for the better part of a decade (or more). And their girls have also had several distrct titles and a couple of nice playoff runs.

Their baseball team either was district champs or runner ups against MP last season. They also were bi-district champs. They are almost always in contention.

Pine Tree's girls have won back to back track titles. The boys struggled last season, but IIRC, they won the district title in 2010 and are usualy in contention.

Their basketball team has fallen on hard times the last few seasons, but they are traditionally pretty good.

They also have been very good at wrestling..... but there are only a handful of schools in the area that even participate.

I'm willing to bet, that over the last 10 years..... few schools have sent more teams to the playoffs than PT. Football just hasn't been one of them.

PT excels in Tennis, golf, and swimming on both the boys and girls side.

Their volleyball team has been one of the most consistenly good teams in the region.

Their boys soccer team has been one of the more successful in East Texas for the better part of a decade (or more). And their girls have also had several distrct titles and a couple of nice playoff runs.

Their baseball team either was district champs or runner ups against MP last season. They also were bi-district champs. They are almost always in contention.

Pine Tree's girls have won back to back track titles. The boys struggled last season, but IIRC, they won the district title in 2010 and are usualy in contention.

Their basketball team has fallen on hard times the last few seasons, but they are traditionally pretty good.

They also have been very good at wrestling..... but there are only a handful of schools in the area that even participate.

I'm willing to bet, that over the last 10 years..... few schools have sent more teams to the playoffs than PT. Football just hasn't been one of them.

+1, good program, football just not their thing, altho this past season wasnt nearly as bad as past seasons (minus off the field drama)

I'm no PT fan by any stretch of the imagination. But I hate to see an entire program get crapped on because in reality, only one of their teams has been in the tank. Granted, it's been in the tank for most of the last 25+ years.

It annoys me how perception bcomes reality for far too many people. "say it enough times, then it must be true" mentality.

Working in Longview, I see both of the HS the victim of this.

PT is known as the school that that is terrible at sports..... which isn't true.

Longview is known as the ghetto hood school that turns out illiterate criminals. Also not true.

A nice long list of schools have fallen victim to false perceptions becoming 'truth". My alma mater included.

So when I see it happen..... even to a rival school. I take a stand and set the record straight.

(off soapbox)

I'm no PT fan by any stretch of the imagination. But I hate to see an entire program get crapped on because in reality, only one of their teams has been in the tank. Granted, it's been in the tank for most of the last 25+ years.

It annoys me how perception bcomes reality for far too many people. "say it enough times, then it must be true" mentality.

Working in Longview, I see both of the HS the victim of this.

PT is known as the school that that is terrible at sports..... which isn't true.

Longview is known as the ghetto hood school that turns out illiterate criminals. Also not true.

A nice long list of schools have fallen victim to false perceptions becoming 'truth". My alma mater included.

So when I see it happen..... even to a rival school. I take a stand and set the record straight.

(off soapbox)

You can add JT to that list.