Charlie Strong new Texas head coach

Immortal13

Getting rid of a lameduck coach and getting an unproven one from an inferior conference. Seems like A&M did that allready. Its good yall are keeping up.

1) don't compare Mack to Mike Sherman. It's just stupid.

2) Louisville is not Houston. Louisville had played in and won more BCS bowls than Texas A&M.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting rid of a lameduck coach and getting an unproven one from an inferior conference. Seems like A&M did that allready. Its good yall are keeping up.

Lion, you're just showing why there are 10,000 aggie jokes out there.

Yes, but from the Big East. We saw how well that worked out for WVU when they had to play some REAL teams.

Those Big East schools had a winning record on BCS bowls. Heck last year they gave the mighty SEC a kick in the nuts in a BCS Bowl by dominating #3 Florida.

Charles Strong would be a good hire, should that be who we've selected.

The only negative I see is he doesn't have "Mack" anywhere in his name, like McWilliams, Mackovich, or Mack Brown. I'm sure that's part of the negotiations, and should he become coach, I urge refering to him as Charlie McStrong.

Good hire. I was Briles or Strong all the way. I think it may take Strong a couple of years to catch Briles on Texas recruiting but the defense will definitely be THE priority wth Strong.

And that is a good thing....their D stunk

Didn't the BigEast (AAC) champ beat the BIG12 champ in a bowl game THIS YEAR? Like 2 nights ago? How are they inferior?

Chip Brown tweet "#Texas officials confident agreement with Charlie Strong nearly done. Announcement may not come until Sunday - presser likely on Monday."

College Football Now tweet "Charlie Strong press conference scheduled @ 7:00. Believed to be his public statement on where he stands as HC."

Was Saban ever up for the job to did the media take what a regent said and did and translate it into meaning that's what the people on campus wanted? How about gruden? Or was that again just a big booster who wanted him? Who did they interview or ask to interview?

Don't know, but when the media said Texas was interested they all magically got contract extensions.

Can't wait to get my "Texas Strong" shirt. And before anyone bashes me, I still have my "Come early, Stay late, Be loud, Wear orange shirt."

Agreed! I think the fan base will be behind this hire and the cool slogan will help! Now if the fan base can be realistic about the next couple seasons!