Preseason schedules

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kilgore has (in no particular order) Nac, Pine Tree, Texas High, and Gladewater. Still trying to fill week 2.

Gotta wonder why Kilgore and Marshall ended their series..... when Kilgore kept PT.

I'm not impressed with our non-district schedule at all outside of Parkway (state finalist last year).

Would have rather had Kilgore than either of the two we got.

Gotta wonder why Kilgore and Marshall ended their series..... when Kilgore kept PT.

I'm not impressed with our non-district schedule at all outside of Parkway (state finalist last year).

Would have rather had Kilgore than either of the two we got.

Marshall declined...... which is fine. I remember listening to one of Coach Harper's radio shows during the season and he said he would be making changes to the non-district schedule to help bring some confidence into a rebuilding program. I don't blame him. Hallsville turned us down too. I'm glad we got Texas High on the schedule.

Marshall declined...... which is fine. I remember listening to one of Coach Harper's radio shows during the season and he said he would be making changes to the non-district schedule to help bring some confidence into a rebuilding program. I don't blame him. Hallsville turned us down too. I'm glad we got Texas High on the schedule.

I agree we had a ridiculous schedule last season for a team that was rebuilding. It reminded me of some of the schedules Bill Harper would put together for us with Evangel, Killeen Ellison (when they were good), Dallas Skyline......

Maybe we can get back to that. But we are not there now.

I love the series with Kilgore. Always been a great game. Even the disaster season of 2011 was an OT game. But 2012 and 2013 were pretty rough on us.

I'd like to see it come back in the future.

But I agree..... 2 state runner ups and 2 region semi-finalists is a bit ridiculous for a team that needs confidence and wins.

Parkway will be killer..... lost in the 5A state championship last season.

But the other two....IMHO should be cakewalk wins. I hope it has the effect he's looking for.

Best of luck to Kilgore in 2014!

It could still happen next year if Arkansas is put in the same situation that they were last year

Well coach Norton said yesterday on radio show schedule was set pre season in this order whitehouse ark high bye Kilgore.. from what I hear Texas does not have zero week anymore so should not effect the ark game it will be 2nd Friday in sept just like they have agreed on.

I agree we had a ridiculous schedule last season for a team that was rebuilding. It reminded me of some of the schedules Bill Harper would put together for us with Evangel, Killeen Ellison (when they were good), Dallas Skyline......

Maybe we can get back to that. But we are not there now.

I love the series with Kilgore. Always been a great game. Even the disaster season of 2011 was an OT game. But 2012 and 2013 were pretty rough on us.

I'd like to see it come back in the future.

But I agree..... 2 state runner ups and 2 region semi-finalists is a bit ridiculous for a team that needs confidence and wins.

Parkway will be killer..... lost in the 5A state championship last season.

But the other two....IMHO should be cakewalk wins. I hope it has the effect he's looking for.

Best of luck to Kilgore in 2014!

I loved the series with Marshall the past decade. I love how it always went back and forth, had close games, district championships, even a couple of playoff matchups.