New 3AD2 District 8

Wild74

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to twist the arms on the UIL pretty hard for this district to form, but I managed to convince them I was too old to keep up the driving like last year. Now, Waskom is my longest haul. Looking forward to a great season next year! Lets hurry up and get these other sporting things done so we can have real football again! Not like that NFL stuff we see on TV.

Waskom is going to have to step up early to maintain what they started. Not any cupcakes on the schedule in the early rounds for sure. And I expect the district to be much more competitive overall. They should be battle tested by the time the playoffs come around.

Waskom is going to have to step up early to maintain what they started. Not any cupcakes on the schedule in the early rounds for sure. And I expect the district to be much more competitive overall. They should be battle tested by the time the playoffs come around.

Yep, I love the new schedule makes every game for the most part interesting.

Ok Waskom is definitely pick to win district so who gets the 2nd, 3rd and 4th spots?

1. Waskom

2. Troup

3. Arp

4. New Diana

5. EF, Winona, Frankston, West Rusk,

Just a guess as I don't know what Arp and New Diana lost and how good EF will be after a year under their new coach and offense.

We have a big district. I understand it's done geographically but some districts have 5 and we have 8 but still half will go to playoffs so I shouldn't complain. As far as traveling goes, I'm very happy. Waskom is by far the farthest and they're only about 70 miles....

Looking forward to football season.

We have a big district. I understand it's done geographically but some districts have 5 and we have 8 but still half will go to playoffs so I shouldn't complain. As far as traveling goes, I'm very happy. Waskom is by far the farthest and they're only about 70 miles....

Looking forward to football season.

I think Frankston is the longest drive for Waskom, maybe Winona I haven't checked.

I think Frankston is the longest drive for Waskom, maybe Winona I haven't checked.

I'm from Troup. Waskom is about 76 miles and Elysian Fields is about 72. Hope they are not both away games. Lol. But it beats when my son was in Jr High. We played Hooks. 2.5 hrs away on a Thursday night! This is a brand new district for us. Having only played West Rusk and Arp in the recent past...